Sole Mare
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We celebrated our sons college graduation here after he read the reviews online. The reviews are true. For a red sauce house this is top shelf. Figure $40 per head with drinks. Quality - check. Service - check. Friendliness - check. Cleanliness - check. Even the leftovers the next night were excellent but we had to wait on ourselves and clean up.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We went to sole mare on July21 2013 it was our first trip to aruba I wouldn't recommend this place we had a reservation for 9 and was told to wait at bar which was fine but the front of the house was not friendly at all we sat down and waited 20 min before someone came over the food was so expensive and not good my risotto was under cooked my pasta primavera was horrible and the same wine I had the night before at chalet suisse which by the way was amazing highly recommend was 12 dollars more save yourself some money and go elsewhere

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The dinner reservations we made prior to arriving in Aruba were messed up several times by arriving on an unexpected late flight and periods of evening rain (to eat outside). We arrived at Sole Mare at 6:30 pm without reservation July 19th and the hostess was more than accommodating to find us a table without waiting. Angela, our server, was efficient and answered questions. Our assistant waiter assured our table was always clean, drinks filled, and asked several times if we needed anything. We ordered the chicken parm, veal parm, and flaming spaghetti as recommended from reading prior Trip Advisor reviews. We thought it was a great option how Sole Mare offers half portions because we wanted to try the flaming spaghetti but yet also a meat. And, 3 pieces of chicken in a full portion was a lot for me. Being from a very Italian ethnic populated area in northern Ohio, we are very picky about Italian food. We can say we enjoyed our dinner as well as would recommend Sole Mare to others.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am so glad we went to this restaurant! Sangria was delicious!! I ordered Shrimp Fra Diavolo and asked it to be made extra spicy ...Boy, if you love your food spicy and love the thrilling experience of eating hot food...this is the dish for you! It was hot and flavorful!!! My husband had the Chicken Parm and he said it was the best he has ever had! We ordered Mozzarella Sticks for our toddler...pricey for $10 but really good! Service can be a lil better...not that it was bad but the staff sure don't make the effort to welcome tourists like the other places on the Island do. Nevertheless, the food was out of this world!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place is my families favorite ! We love the food so much the chicken parmesan is awesome. The fruit ta mare is so good and the sauce is the best I every had. They make there pasta in this giant cheese wheel that they heat up with fire to melt and then mix pasta in it ! So great we eat there at least twice each time we go to Aruba ! Ask for Angela the waitress she is so nice !