“Good solid Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sole Mare

Sole Mare
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Annapolis, Maryland
“Good solid Italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I went for an early dinner. They have an early bird which is worth it if you come off the beach early or the weather is bad. The seafood is good if you eat local and fresh (grouper, etc., but not salmon). The restaurant is a basic red sauce Italian and is no frills. The fresh salads are OK and you can see that the greens are imported. Cost wise, the early bird is a good value, but the regular menu is about average for Aruba. Also, they have a good, inexpensive child's menu.

• Visited January 2013

“Bring your apetite!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was told in advance that I must try Sole Mare's sangria, and that's all the encouragement I needed to go there. I wish I had been hungrier, because I couldn't finish either the filet of fish or the side of pasta - but when I return, I will definitely order their special pasta for 2. Prepared at the table, they bring out an enormous wheel of cheese, flambe something on top of it, toss a large portion of pasta on top, and mix and scrape all the yummy bits off of the cheese. They then roll it out into pasta nests and place on two plates - my neighbors had it, and it smelled divine.

Visited February 2013
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had the scampi sole mare & it was very good (huge shrimp (6)). wine prices are high. service was good & they did not add sc to bill. we went on 2/21/13 thurs and they were busy. have been there prev on sat & not so crowded.

• Visited February 2013
Sudbury, Canada
“Best Italian food in Aruba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Best Italian food in Aruba. Great service, they are always there to clean up your plates and refill your drinks-never have to ask. Also very friendly. Make sure to make a reservation as they are very busy and ask for the special (it is a three-course meal) because they don't advertise it on their menu!

• Visited February 2013
“Will definitely return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Luisa was our server we had no reservation am restaurant full but were still seated immediately. Luisa by far was the best server I have ever had on the island. Never waited for a drink refill and new drinks were at table before we finished our others...food was on time and she was very attentive. Only thing negative was seeing the manager smoking cigarettes out in front of restaurant....very unprofessional!!

2 Thank Gfayer