“Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sole Mare

Sole Mare
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

It was like visitng the North End in Boston, for fine Italian Dinning. Food and service were great. We highly recommend Sole Mare

Visited September 2012

NYC
“Entertaining to watch Spaghetti Formaggio Parmigiano prepared at table..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

I didn't think I would be having Italian food in Aruba, but every one we met that have been here highly recommended it - so we had to try. It started good - Broccoli Rabe - sauteed in garlic and cooked perfectly was my appetizer. We both decided to go with the "Spaghetti Formaggio Parmigiano". It was prepared at our table and entertaining to watch. The dish was good but I had requested little sauce on my pasta and it was prepared with way too much for my liking. I am speculating that because both of our orders were being prepared at the table at the same time - the "less sauce request" was not an option - it was disappointing because the waitress assured me that my request would be honored. So that took a little away from my dining experience. All in all, it was good - not great.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Diego, California
“So delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We were looking for something other than the usual seafood offerings and one of our taxi drivers offered this suggestion. The food was amazing...especially the rigatoni quattro formaggi. Even the polenta fries served as a free appetizer were delicious. All four of us loved our food and would highly recommend!

Visited September 2012
New Jersey
“My Favorite Italian Restuarant in Aruba 2012”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Well it's September 2012 and we are in Aruba again! That means time to dine at some of my favorite restuarants! And when it comes to Italian, Sole Mare is my favorite Italian Restuarant again for 2012.

Last year I had the Eggplant Parm appetizer and it was so good, I asked if I could order that for dinner this year. No problem! Except that it was so big I couldn't eat the whole thing. My wife had the "Spaghetti Formaggio Parmigiano", spaghetti cooked with flaming whiskey in a parmesan cheese wheel. It is a floor show in itself and the dish is delicious! You can always tell the people who have never seen this dish prepared before simply by the look on there faces!

There are so many dishes I want to try at this restuarant and I only go to Aruba once a year. What a crime! If you want to check out Sole Mare on the web, go to their website here: http://www.solemarearuba.com/

And if you want to make your mouth water, watch the 10 minutes video that shows the head chef preparing some of their favorite dishes. I cannot wait to go back to Sole Mare again! Ciao!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Best Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We haven't been to Sole Mare in many years but decided this trip to give them another try. New owners took over last year and the meal was fantastic. We actually went back a second time with other friends during our second week in Aruba. My personal favorite was Veal Parmigiana. My wife loved the Shrimp and Gnocchi. Great service also.

Visited August 2012
Sole Mare A, Manager at Sole Mare, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
On behalf of Sole Mare Ristorante Italiano, we would like to thank you for the review you posted here at tripadvisor. We are looking forward to your next visit.