“Awesome Breakfast Anytime”

Linda's Dutch Pancakes
Cuisines: Pizza, Dutch, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Linda's Dutch Pancakes: the best breakfast in Aruba! Linda's is open from 8 am - 2 pm (full menu served all day), there is indoor and outdoor seating, and we also do take out (you can place an order by phone).
Omaha, Nebraska
“Awesome Breakfast Anytime”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband has been dreaming of the pancake he had the last time we ate at Linda's, so he could hardly contain himself as we revisited this lovely little restaurant. The pancakes are very thin, but are the size of a large plate. You design what flavors you want, and my husband's favorite is bacon, strawberries (fresh) and whipped cream. The bacon is baked into the pancake! I prefer omelets and the Denver variety was just delicious. One in our party wasn't a breakfast person, so she opted for the pizza. Like the pancake, you design your own and its the size of a large plate. Hers was multiple veggies with gouda cheese and was delicious as well. The staff is very attentive and friendly, and the prices are very reasonable. Best of all, you can have any item on the menu any time of the day. Linda's is in a strip mall with a small inside eating area, as well as a larger covered outdoor patio. The only drawback to eating outside is the noise as it sits close to a busy road, and there is quite a bit of ongoing condo construction. However, we sat outside and we were able to carry on a normal conversation without difficulty. Its not a beach/water view and they are closed on Sunday. They offer very cute dutch souvenirs inside. We visit Aruba every year, and Linda's will be on our list to visit at least once, maybe more if my husband has his way!

• Visited October 2013
LindasPancakes, Owner at Linda's Dutch Pancakes, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your visit and your great review, we really appreciate it. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed everything again, we will see you next year!

Columbus, Ohio
“Best Pancakes!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

One of our Aruba rituals is Dutch pancakes for breakfast before we leave the island. We showed up right at 8am when they open and were the second table seated on the patio. I had the brie, walnut, and honey pancake - it was fantastic!

As is not unusual on Aruba, the service is a bit leisurely, which is not normally a problem but can be when you've got a plane to catch. Even after asking for our checks early, we still had to go up to the counter inside to hurry the process along. Even so, I'll be there again, enjoying those pancakes, the next time I'm on the island.

Visited October 2013
LindasPancakes, Owner at Linda's Dutch Pancakes, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your visit and your review. I am happy to read that you enjoy our pancakes on every one of your visits to our island. We will see you again when you are on the island, and we will make sure the service is faster.

New York
“Best pancakes bar none”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have never had the opportunity to have these kinds of pancakes here in NY (if I do then I will be there everyday).

The choices that can go on the pancakes are very numerous. The pancakes are fairly thin, cover the whole plate and tasty all by themselves. I had the pancakes with bananas and amaretto, my son had chocolate chips, bananas and whipped cream and my wife had with strawberries and whipped cream. We all loved them.

Visited October 2013
Thank you very much for your visit and your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed all of the pancakes. Who knows, maybe we will open in New York one day. Until that day, you have one more reason to visit Aruba! We hope to see you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Food, Awful Service”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I want to say right off that the only reason this place got three stars is because the food is good. The service was awful. I would give it a "zero" star if I could for service.

I was recently at Linda's Pancakes for breakfast. It got wonderul reviews on TripAdvisor, and one of my best friends (who I was travelling with) is from Dutch decent, so we were really excited about going. We arrived farely early (8:00) on a Tuesday morning and there were only about five tables full (out of about nine tables outside) and three servers (one inside and two outside). We got our table and ordered. I got the Apple and Bacon pancake and coffee, my friend ordered the Apple and Gouda pancake and a coke. The food when it arrived (a little cold) was really delicious. But I asked about four times for a refill for coffee over a period of 20 minutes to both of the outside servers (did I mention that I had been up since 5:30 am to see the sunrise at Seroe Colorado and I was just getting coffee?). My friend ordered a cappuccino during this time and I ordered another coffee. She got her's, but my refill never arrived. I finally got up and went inside to get my own refill. And their response ... "Oops, my bad". This is really what they said. The staff spent more time chatting with other people and among themselves than actually working. I understand that this is the Caribbean and life is a little slower, but really?? I might go back since the food was good, but I'm not sure.

• Visited September 2013
Thank you very much for your visit and your review. We appreciate all of the feedback we get. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the food, and I would like to apologize for the bad service you received. I have discussed this with the staff, and we will make sure this does not happen again. I hope you decide to visit us again, and I will make sure that you have a great experience.

Chicago, Illinois
“go for breakfast and order the pancakes”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We visited Aruba for 8 days. This is the only restaurant that we visited twice, both for breakfast. No matter what else you order, get some of the dutch pancakes. I had the bacon and apple one day, the banana chocolate chip another day. The dutch coffee was also a nice change of pace. One day we arrived just as they were swamped and we had to wait a long time for our orders to arrive. I read the local newspaper (provided at each table) while waiting so it wasnt so bad. Also, dont forget to try their dutch syrup, we bought a couple bottles to take back home to family members that are pancake lovers. Most restaurants on the island are pretty pricey, Lindas was on the low end of the price scale but I would have returned even if it wasn't. I would probably have eventually tried the pizza if we had stayed more days. I repeat, go for breakfast and order the pancakes.

• Visited October 2013
Thank you for your visit and your great review. It is good to read that you enjoyed everything, we hope you will join us again soon.