“Authentic dutch pancakes but those mini pancakes not served”

Linda's Dutch Pancakes
Cuisines: Pizza, Dutch, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Linda's Dutch Pancakes: the best breakfast in Aruba! Linda's is open from 8 am - 2 pm (full menu served all day), there is indoor and outdoor seating, and we also do take out (you can place an order by phone).
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great value and the service is always prompt and courteous. Food comes out right away and I have never been disappointed by my Dutch pancakes. Just realize that they are not your typical american pancakes. They are more like a pizza size crepe that is not folded over but served like a pizza and about the same size as a mini pizza. On it they put whatever ingredients you want. Examples: apple/raisin, walnut, brie and honey, pineapple and ham, etc.

LindasPancakes, Owner at Linda's Dutch Pancakes, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for your visit and review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed everything. We will see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Linda's Dutch Pancakes

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We saw all the great reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to give this a shot. There aren't many breakfast places away from the high rises, and we tried The Dutch Pancake house in Oranjestad which we loved. They are closed Sundays, so we went on a Monday around 10:30 am. The meal didn't start out great. There are only about 8-10 tables mostly outside, a few small tables inside and a bar that seats about 6-8. When we arrived most of the tables were full and the two waitresses were busy. The bartender said we could sit anywhere. We chose a 4-top outside on the deck. After about 3 or 4 minutes, we were told some people were ahead of us and that the bartender didn't know, could we move to an inside table. We were fine with this, and it was really no, big deal. However, no one sat at that table for about 15 minutes and when a couple did sit down we observed them coming directly from their car. At this point we had ordered drinks. The waitresses were using IPhones to place the orders, which I thought was a neat touch. We watched the drinks sit on bar, while our waitress made herself ice tea behind the bar. By the time the juice got to our table it was a bit on the warm side. We placed our order and it took about 45 minutes for it to come out. At one point, we heard our waitress ask where our orders were and it seems like we were forgotten or misplaced. The waitress never acknowledged it or stopped by after dropping off the drinks. I finally, went to the bar and asked where our food was after I had seen people who had arrived over 30 minutes after us getting served. The food was brought out, by a different waitress who asked us if we needed refills. The food looked rushed, even though the restaurant was less than half full at this point. The pancakes were either burnt or greasy. We had one pancake that had a missing ingredient. Perhaps, they were trying to make up for time and missed on the cookery. Either way it was bad. In fact, a group of 6 had complained at the bar just as we were finishing up. The woman talked about the food being bad and it taking forever to come out. I will admit, that Aruba is not a speed dining experience. All restaurants took their time in getting orders out to us, but none were as long as this. At least 50-60 minutes from seating to entrees. After the food was brought out, we had to go to the bartender to get our check. Again, the waitress would not come back to our table. In all my years, I have never left such a bad tip. The food, if excusable for the fact the kitchen delayed our order and needed to rush, was bad but the service and the fact the waitress never came over, like she had given up, makes this a place I cannot recommend. VISIT THE DUTCH PANCAKE HOUSE, this is a quiet place with great dutch pancakes and friendly service.

2  Thank TheMadTraveler_13

Thank you very much for your visit and for writing a review.

I would like to begin by apologizing for your bad experience. You are completely right, we were very busy that day (Aug. 5th), and a lot of things went wrong.

We had just started with the new ordering system (the iPods you mentioned), and we were still not used to them, and they were not programmed correctly at the time. Also, right when the whole restaurant was full one of the waitresses had an allergic reaction and she had to go home. We called in another waitress to take her place, and she was the other waitress that was at your table.

Because we were understaffed and rushed, the food and service quality suffered. My sincerest apologies for this. This is not the way we normally do business.

If you are still in Aruba, or when you visit the island next time, please contact me through our business phone or e-mail so I can do what is needed to make this right.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Pancakes were delicious! half of my pancake was brie, walnut and honey and another half was banana with banana liqueur. unfortunately my banana liqueur arrived after I ate half of it. We got our food but we had no silverware ,my husband was out of coffee and water when food arrived but we got our coffee refills when we were pretty much finished. They had two servers on the floor , they probably should have more servers to give people better service.

LindasPancakes, Owner at Linda's Dutch Pancakes, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for your visit and your review. It is good to see that you enjoyed the pancakes. Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the service. It is much appreciated, and we will do our best to improve it.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

On a weekday, we went to get some pancakes for lunch and sat at one of the outdoor tables. The pancakes (Strawberry, Ham/Gouda/Mushroom and Hawaiian) were yummy. Even my 4 year old niece enjoyed it. They were unexpectedly very filling. The only distraction was the construction going on across the street but you can see construction sites all over the island.
The staff was very courteous and friendly - they even offered to call a cab for us.

Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed everything. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Before coming to Linda's, I had never tried a Dutch pancake. Essentially, it is like a crepe. Not exactly what I expected, but still worth trying. The pancakes are very large, easily shareable (which is what we did). They are super thin and the toppings are simply placed on the pancake. For example, we ordered a Banana Chocolate Chip Pancake. The Dutch Pancake came out, with slices of banana, and a container of chocolate chips for me to sprinkle on. The wide variety of pancakes on the menu is great, but as for everything else, not so much. Come here hungry for pancakes because if you're looking for anything else you probably won't find it. My grandmother ordered an omelet and her side of toast was hard as a rock. I suppose that's what she gets for ordering eggs at a pancake house. Also, although prices for pancakes are decent, especially if you share with someone else, but BEWARE the prices on coffee are ridiculous. Over $5.00/cup for just regular coffee. That's where they get you. I'd come back here only next time hold the coffee I'll bring my own.

Thank you very much for your visit, and thank you for writing a review. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the pancakes. Some toppings are indeed placed on top, while some others are baked into the batter, such as bacon, ham, walnuts, almonds, raisins, sliced apples, and almonds, those all go into the pancake.

Our coffee is only $3.00 (5.25 Aruban Florin) and can be refilled as many times as you like. We also serve espresso coffee per cup which is $2.30 (4.00 Aruban Florin). Please remember that there are two currencies in Aruba. All our prices are in Aruban Florins, the total for your bill is converted to US Dollars at the bottom of your bill.

If there is something wrong with your food, such as the toast being hard, please let us know right away next time so we replace it.

We hope to see you again soon.