“Perfect Group Stay - Frolics, Fun and Fantastic...”
Epic riding at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Epic riding at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks Cadair Idris - just one of the many guiding options available at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
MudTrek accommodation
Transportation to and from your guided rides at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Groups welcome at at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Amazing riding at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Doethie Valley - just one of the many guiding options available at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Ride from the door! - one of the many guiding options available at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Bring your own bike or hire from our fleet at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Great guiding from the door at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Beautiful views from the accommodation at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Incredible riding options at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Epic riding at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Good times at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks!
Great accommodation at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Good times at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks!
Chalet girl service at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Fantastic off piste guided rides at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
Great accommodation at MudTrek Mountain Bike Breaks
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Dutch first
Any
PhillConn...
Rochdale, United Kingdom
“Perfect Group Stay - Frolics, Fun and Fantastic Food.”
Reviewed November 24, 2014 for a stay in November 2014

I stayed at MudTrek with a group of friends for two night and days and it's fair to say that we were looked after from BEFORE the moment we arrived until after we'd left.
The care taken with the variable bookings as people dropped out and dropped back in was like plaiting sawdust, and Nikki looked after it brilliantly. When we did finally sort ourselves out, final checks on timings were made so that the first meal arrived in perfect time for us.
The full catering is delicious, and when MTB guiding is booked (we booked a guided ride and bike hire in advance) there isn't time to get bored! A hearty breakfast, time to get sorted and faff with bikes and then we were off into the Brechfa Forest (Fforest in Welsh) for four hours of fantastic fun and falling over. Nobody got hurt though!
Accommodation is ideal for this sort of weekend - comfortable, big enough, warm and with plenty of flexible space up to the numbers Mudtrek advertise.
I really can't recommend this place highly enough and I fully intend to be back. Definitely worth the few hours' drive we made there and back.
Such lovely people, working hard to make sure everyone has a brilliant time. I haven't even mentioned the hilarious (included) video edit!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being busy, having fun, being fed, laughing loads and wonderful hosts.
Liked least: BT have been disappointing with providing broadband, but for 2 days it's not needed.
Friends getaway People with pets
Nov 25, 2014
LOVE this review Phill. It's really kind of you to mention the admin prior to your trip as there's usually plenty of it when larger numbers are involved! You are a great bunch of guys and we thoroughly enjoyed our week-end with you all. Looking forward to the Stagaversary already ;)
Fiona V
Romsley, null, United Kingdom
“The Best holiday :-)”
Reviewed October 29, 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Expectations were very high after reading many reviews and following on FB, I'm pleased to say our stay far exceeded them. I was the first to jump in and book the bike shed accommodation when it was finished for hubby and our 3 dogs to have our autumn break. Although small it has been well thought out and planned and we had a very comfortable week in it and there was plenty of room for us. Beds were so comfy we slept well from the first night. It is well equipped for self catering but we were on full board and to be honest I don't see the point in cooking on holiday whith the stanard of food we were served by Nikki - apart from the fact we put on weight :-) It's great having come in from a day out walking or cycling to fantastic food and not having to prepare our own packed lunches for the day - win, win.
With 3 collies I do a lot of walking and it was right on my doorstep no need to drive to walk. Cycling was a must and we challenged Jay as my husband is not a strong or confident rider but he found us rides that we both enjoyed and Bryans riding improved, then in the afternoons Jay stretched my riding capabilities a bit more and I had great fun. I don't really like cameras but it was great to have a short video of our rides and show off to friends as to what we had been doing.
Will we go back? you bet even my hubby has said yes :-)
What did we like? everything, What didn't we like ? absolutely nothing

Liked best: Absolutely everything thanks to our fab hosts Jay & Nikki
Liked least: Having to come home
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with pets
Nov 25, 2014
A lovely review from "Superwoman" Fiona. As one of the first to snap up a MudTrek break in our new accommodation The Old Bike Shed we'd like to say a big thank you for the thumbs up! Can't wait until you both return for a repeat.
Mark P
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
“Full Marks, Definitely Recommend Mudtrek”
Reviewed September 30, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

This was my long overdue first visit to Mudtrek, although I have ridden the mountain bike trails in Brechfa Forest twice before. I know several people who've stayed with Jay and Nikki on a number of occasions, rating the hospitality, accommodation and food very highly, so expectations were high.
I'm pleased to say that those expectations were exceeded. I was the first of our group to arrive and received a warm, friendly welcome from Jay, who then showed me around their property, including the newly finished Old Bike Shed and the Man Cave (Bike Hut). Nikki (Mrs Mud) introduced herself soon after and I also met the resident Beagles.
The accommodation was warm, comfortable and well equipped for self catering, although we were having our meals provided by Nikki. The food was excellent and plentiful, filling hungry stomachs after a hard day on the bikes.
Will definitely be making further visits.

Oct 4, 2014
Full marks?! Well, we can't ask for more than that can we ;) Thanks for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate it. Come back soon!
BenTMitch...
Newbury, United Kingdom
“The perfect mountain bike break”
Reviewed September 28, 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

This was my first trip to Mudtrek, and I couldn't have had a better time!

The guided ride was spot on and perfect for my group's skill and fitness level. It was a great challenge, but absolutely rewarding and I had a massive smile all the way round. I can't even knock half a star off for the choice of Jay's mobile disco music as I'd been warned. There's nothing wrong with it!

The food and accommodation were superb. Exactly what tired bikers want at the end of the day. Delicious and huge portions, absolutely spot on. And the hosts couldn't have been friendlier or more welcoming.

Nikki and Jay have done an amazing job, and everything has been thought of. It's not a question of *if* I come back in my mind, only when I come back. And the sooner the better!

My best weekend of biking so far bar none.

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Large groups
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 4, 2014
Sooooo pleased we got it right for you :) Let's hope you become one of our regulars! Cheers ;)
shane W
“Great trails,great food,great weekend.”
Reviewed September 25, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Second visit to mud trek which says it all. We will have to go back again to see the finished man cave. Thanks for a fine weekend.

Your age range 35-49
Oct 4, 2014
The man cave awaits your 3rd visit! See you soon then and thanks for the fab review :)
Jeroen H
Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Succeeded expectations again”
Reviewed September 18, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

This is my second trip to Mudtrek and it succeeded my expectations based on my first stay. The location is perfect, the hospitality and service more than perfect do to the enormes effort mr. and Mrs. Mud put in to it to make you feel welcome. Mrs. Mud (Nikki) does the catering en makes the dilicious food, While mr. Mud (Jay) takes the guests on guided mountainbike trips and puts together a short movie off the day. In the evening after dinner the movie will be shown on a big movie screen in the Mudhut. I had a lovely stay at Mudtrek and 3 perfect days of guided rides. Planning on going back a third time.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The great and welcome hospitality
Traveling group: Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 4, 2014
You are smashing Jereon :) A lovely review from a lovely couple. Can't wait to have you back again next year - make sure you bring the weather again too!
Leonooor
“Perfect holiday”
Reviewed September 15, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

I had a great time at Mudtrek! The accomodation, food and surroundings are really gorgeous. I did some great horse trekking when my boyfriend went out biking. Also Nikki and Jay are perfect hosts who will make your stay even better. We will definitely be back next year.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sep 21, 2014
Ahhhh, we loved having you both here! Really enjoyed your company. We are delighted to hear you'll be coming back next year!!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing