“Hotel Package”

L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 225 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in one of the most upscale locations in Aruba, L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop House has a sweeping view of Oranjestad's downtown marina and the bustling boulevard. We proudly offers delicious American Steakhouse fare: juicy cuts of aged, USDA-inspected Certified Angus Beef, sizzling hot from the grill; delectable appetizers from both land and sea; and tantalizing desserts, including the Signature Mascarpone Tart. Our comprehensive wine list which was recently nominated by Wine Spectator Award of Excellence includes premium selections from around the globe to superbly compliment each course. New is our weekly a la carte Brunch. Every mid-morning on Sunday, L.G. Smith’s Steak & Chop House delights each guest by delivering a culinary experience that’s handprepared by our chefs, who are well versed in pairing soups,salads and specialty desserts with mimosas, a la carte style. And, last but not least, you will be pleasantly surprised by our reasonable prices.
Mobile, Alabama
“Hotel Package”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

As a wedding gift, we received a package that included a couples massage and dinner at this restaurant. As part of the package, we did have limited selected, but of the choices we split between the tuna and steak and were both happy with our dinners. Service was very good.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KL S

• Polish first
New York City, New York
“Food is good but ambiance sucks”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The food is good, well worth it. We enjoyed it. My only negative... I was a little surprised that this was a fine dinning restaurant considering all the guests wore flip flops, jeans, t shirts, etc. This place definitely accepts casual wear. We came here for our first night out in aruba and we were dressed very nice.... a bit too nice for this place. it was this big crowd there and they were loud and player cards right there on the table.... and there were children in the restaurant although well behaved I must admit. However, as honeymooners, the ambiance was disappointing for a place that is fine dinning.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank scholarme
ArubaHospitality, Director of Operations at L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop House, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear Scholarme,

Appreciate your feedback with regards to your dining expereince at our LG Smith Steakhouse.

Indeed, being in the tropics most of our guests opt for "caribbean casual elegance" while going to Restaurants.

Hope that overall you enjoyed your honeymoon in Aruba & will revisit us again.

Sincerely
Parimal Trivedi
Director of Operations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Decent Steak, Great Service!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We ate at L.G. Smith's most nights and really enjoyed the three-course meal. The portions were perfectly sized and we loved the variety. The wine was great, and the dessert (apple pie a la mode) was even better. I loved the views from the restaurant as well; if you sit near the windows you can watch cruise ships come in and out of port.

Visited October 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
“Just Ok”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We were expecting something very delicious and felt it was just hotel banquet food at best. I wouldn't go back, although the staff were very friendly.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Brittany W
ArubaHospitality, Director of Operations at L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop House, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Brittany,

Appreciate your feedback & regret that we were not able exceed your expectations inspite of multiple restaurants & Food & Beverage outlets spread all across our Resort which ranges from fine dining to casual.
Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back & show you around our spread out Resort which offers multiple international cuisine.

Regards
Parimal Trivedi
Akron, Ohio
“Great Summer Menu - Brews and Bones”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We decided to try this restaurant since we were in Orangestad and had a good meal here 5 years ago on our last visit to Aruba. The décor is unchanged with a modern, simple look to it. The hostess, Heidi, prepared a table to us near the window (the restaurant overlooks the main street, LG Smith, and the water.) I mentioned that we were celebrating our 26 wedding anneversarty when I asked for a table. Heidi was nice enough to offer us a complementary glass of champagne to celebrate. She provided two menus and the wine list. One menu was a special feature (Bones and Brews) which provides options for an entire meal, appetizers, main course with side options and deserts for $99. This was of interest to us so we asked Heidi about it and she suggested the pork chop as the appetizer and the tomahawk steak as the main course. We decided to go with her recommendations. I ordered the smoked pork chop and my wife had the stuffed squash blossom for appetizers, tomahawk steak (32 oz), paparadelle pasta with truffle sauce for our sides. I was expecting a small taste of pork with mango salsa, but got a pork chop large enough for a substantial main course. The smoke flavor was excellent. My wife liked her stuffed blossom, but liked my chop better. We were enjoying our meal very well when the tomahawk arrived! It was massive! (See my photo) It had a nice char on the outside, but still pink inside for me. A separate area was prepared for my wife as medium well and she loved it. The presentation was great since they cut the steak and cooked each piece to our desire, then served it together so we got the effect of seeing as one huge steak. It was the best steak I have ever had. Between the two of us, we consumed the entire thing it was so good. For desert, we asked to box the tiramisu and we ordered a chocolate torte with ice cream and berries to eat there. The desert was plated specially for us with a happy anniversary message on the decorated plate. (See the photo). If you like rich chocolate, dense cake, you will like this desert. Even though we were full, it was great to have this to finish our meal. Another surprise I had was that the mixed drinks were only$7.50 for a large drink. This is excellent for Aruba. I recommend the Mojito. It was yummy. In our two weeks in Aruba, it was our best meal and we returned about a week later and ordered the same, except we both got the pork chop the second time! I would also suggest Andre as the waiter if he is available. One last treat was that with each meal, you get a $5 free play at the casino next to the restaurant and after we played for a while we took home $15!

• Visited July 2014