“Horrible Service and Inedible Food”

L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 222 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Situated in one of the most upscale locations in Aruba, L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop House has a sweeping view of Oranjestad's downtown marina and the bustling boulevard. We proudly offers delicious American Steakhouse fare: juicy cuts of aged, USDA-inspected Certified Angus Beef, sizzling hot from the grill; delectable appetizers from both land and sea; and tantalizing desserts, including the Signature Mascarpone Tart. Our comprehensive wine list which was recently nominated by Wine Spectator Award of Excellence includes premium selections from around the globe to superbly compliment each course. New is our weekly a la carte Brunch. Every mid-morning on Sunday, L.G. Smith’s Steak & Chop House delights each guest by delivering a culinary experience that’s handprepared by our chefs, who are well versed in pairing soups,salads and specialty desserts with mimosas, a la carte style. And, last but not least, you will be pleasantly surprised by our reasonable prices.
Toronto, Canada
“Horrible Service and Inedible Food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I traveled as part of the All-Inclusive Package at the Renaissance Resort where this restaurant is situated. The restaurant staff and management seemed to enjoy making us feel like second-class, undesirable clients... ruined our evening. And the food quality was terrible. I received FROZEN carpaccio and an extremely thin rib-steak (approx 4mm) riddled with gristle, rather than marbling. Inedible.

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Ontario
“Great Restaurant, Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great restaurant with great atmosphere. The food was good and i compare it to a "Keg" type steak house. They have other choices as well if you dont want to do the steak thing.

Definately sit in Geordino and Joselyn area, and you will see why they call it the "happy Island".

Visited April 2013
Trumbull, Connecticut
“Great ambiance and very good steak”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

During this trip we went to several of the Aruba steak houses; while they all were good, none were as good as the many great NY steak houses. Having said that, L.G. Smith has a really nice ambiance and the service is excellent. Children menu was great, able to get the right size and good quality fillet for my 7 year old. The steaks are above average. I ordered the rib eye based on high recommendations from the wait staff; the NY strip my wife ordered was even better.

• Visited April 2013
Rochester, New York
“first time”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

pleasantly surprised, first time eating here after many trips to Aruba and the food was excellent, atmosphere was very nice and prices were not as expensive as I thought, will put this on our list of places we eat every time we visit Aruba!

Visited April 2013
Boylston, Massachusetts
“Great Dinner”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I travel quite a bit for work, so I'm no stranger to high end steak restaurants. Do yourself a favor if you're in Aruba and want a steak...go here. My wife and I had a great dinner. Our waiter Andrey provided some of the best service I've had in all my travels, and his recommendations (and upsells :) ) were spot on. As you'll get with any high end restaurant, it was not a cheap meal. It was, however, worth it.

• Visited March 2013