“Not sure on this one”

Ranked #10 of 231 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Dutch, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: In May 2003, The Dutch Pancakehouse opened its doors at the beautiful Renaissance Marketplace, downtown Oranjestad. This family friendly restaurant is ideal for breakfast, lunch and dinner with your whole family. The Dutch Pancakehouse offers a wide selection of Dutch pancakes, poffertjes, eggs and other delicious menu items such as special dinner pancakes, schnitzels, and desserts. Their authentic Dutch pancakes are all handmade and baked with only the best fresh ingredients available on the island. They proudly received Aruba's first 'Best Breakfast in Aruba' award. The Dutch Pancakehouse crew is looking forward to welcome you and your family in their recently renovated restaurant for a wonderful and unique dining experience.
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Read the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided I had to try the place out. I agree with one review where the pancakes are actually crepes, no matter how you order them.

My wife and I tried the breakfast special, scrabbled eggs, bacon, home fries, toast and mini pancakes. It was ok, but both of us decided we would never eat here again. My question is, why do breakfast places give you hash brown patties that they serve at McDonald's. I think that is so lazy and gross. These things swim in grease and taste awful. A restaurant should at least take the time to cook real potatoes.

Well, I also felt the portions were way too small and I also ordered a plain pancake when I was done. Even though the pancake turned out to be a giant thin crepe, I really enjoyed it, even though I don't usually like crepes. They did a good job on that part of the order.

I would say if you like crepes, they have many varieties to choose from and this would be a good spot. The coffee I also liked.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were told to go here by our Realtor, and we were so glad to enjoy this place, very delicious food, good service and great spot! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This restaurant, located in a downtown mall, was a pleasant surprise! The pancakes (actually more like crepes), were outstanding. We had them topped with cheese, ham & candied walnuts, another with cheese and apples and cinnamon, and mine were folded over with small chunks of beef and a delicious brown gravy in side. As you can see, they range from breakfast types to real dinner types. A really big surprise was the absolutely outstanding coffee! We asked the wait person what kind it was, and she gave a bit of a laugh and said "Folgers"! Apparently many guests ask the same question - and the answer is that it is so good because of the water! I don't know if the Folger people know this - but it could be a great selling point. So, if you go to Aruba, don'e hesitate to try the Dutch Pancake house! And, as always, travel safe!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Arrival day lunch here is a tradition- restaurant was just remodeled and looks clean and fresh. Food at it's usual good standard.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had breakfast here one morning. There are a lot of opinions, from savory to sweet. It is not a fancy restaurant, but a nice way to start the morning by sitting outside and enjoying the weather. I would definitely eat here again.