“My Favorite Restaurant”
Review of Que Pasa?

Que Pasa?
Reserve with OpenTable
Que Pasa? is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 238 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Although the name Que Pasa is a familiar Mexican phrase, we are not a Mexican restaurant. Situated in a 100 year old, traditional Aruban building, in downtown Oranjestad. We offer an international menu. There is something for everybody. Besides our menu we are known for our daily changing specials. Our chefs make sure to create unique dinners every night and our attentive wait staff is there to make your evening special. We can accommodate everybody from families to large groups. The Que Pasa crew hopes to welcome you soon!
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We just got back from Aruba and have been going there for 20+ years. I love this restaurant so much that I visited it 3 times while there for 11 days. The food is amazing and Marvin is absolutely wonderful. We love sitting at the bar, chatting with people and enjoying great food and this place cannot be beat!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

The first time we visited Que Pasa was during our vacation in 2013. We so much enjoyed the food and very friendly staff that we went back twice this past March (2014). Atmosphere is laid back and eclectic. Would highly recommend it!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

this time we brought friends..and they loved it too. a funky hip place downtown with a great staff and food . eclectic art and just a cool spot to enjoy.
we love going here and it's fun to mingle with the locals..their sister restaurant is Marandi also very good.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Had I written this the last time I was in Aruba, I would have rated it Excellent. Unfortunately this year was a bit of a disappointment. While the tataki appetizer was wonderful as always, and the fish soup was very very good, I was less than impressed with a few other dishes, including a special.

The description of the pil pil seafood hot pot (appetizer) sounded amazing, and maybe it was just that my expectations were so different than what I actually received. The dish was very buttery (too buttery) and not very flavorful. I could taste the heat, which was nice, and the seafood was cooked well, but overall it was a letdown.

I ordered the tuna for my dinner, rare. It was pretty close... not quite as rare as I'd have liked, but close enough. The fish itself was very good. The real problem was the teriyaki sauce that was poured (spilled? dumped?) all over it. Who knew, a fish CAN drown. Not that the sauce tasted terrible, but there was just so much of it and it was thick enough to be a glaze. Had I not scraped most of it off it would certainly have overpowered the fish. The seaweed salad it was served with was good, but sadly was also mostly covered with the sauce.

Lastly the special my husband ordered - Fisherman's Delight - which was also a tuna steak, was just... odd. It was overdone for tuna - maybe medium? and covered in a white creamy sauce with what I think were tiny chopped vegetables in it. A small potato croquette-like thing was plopped in the middle (sort of like mashed potato in the middle and baked crispy on the outside which I KNOW sounds good but it was dry and bland) and the whole thing was set atop this mass of warm, wilted, shredded lettuce which I swear tasted rotten. I asked my husband twice if it was kim chi (because I've never had it and I know it's fermented) and he said no. It was terrible.

Our waitress Milan was sweet and helpful and attentive. The general waitstaff though seemed a bit unorganized. The only complaint I would have in that regard is our water glasses were empty much of the time. It's a small thing, but I personally think any experience is made that much better by the attention to details, no matter how small.

I was especially disappointed because we were so thrilled with Que Pasa the last time we were in Aruba that we saved it for our last evening's meal before heading back to the cold Northeast. Unfortunately it just didn't live up to our memory or expectations and I'm not sure I'll be back for more than an appetizer in the future.

1  Thank SVM_CT
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The food and the waitress are wonderful. We had dinner here twice on our visit. I miss it already.
Excellent Restaurant!