“Best food on the Island!”

Yemanja Woodfired Grill
Ranked #2 of 225 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Yemanja is relaxing and welcoming with a passion for tradition and excellence. Serving international food with strong Caribbean influences prepared on our wood fired grill. Also, offering healthy foods with an extensive vegetarian menu and catering to all your dietary needs, such as vegan and gluten-free. Seating is either inside (air-conditioned) or outside on a cozy terrace. Both inside & outside seating are non-smoking.
Boulder, Colorado
“Best food on the Island!”
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My boyfriend and I ate here on our trip to Aruba during Christmas week, and our food was phenomenal. We sat outdoors on the patio, but they also have an air conditioned dining room if it's too warm for you. We ordered the cheese plate as an appetizer, but it almost could have been the meal! It was fabulous. For dinner we had grouper and lamb, and the side dishes come out family style which was also a nice touch. All the vegetables taste fire-grilled which we loved. Also, the wine list was excellent and service was top notch. Highly recommended!
Tip: If the restaurant is booked or you can't get a reservation for the time you want, consider sitting at the bar to eat. The vibe is great and the food is the same.

• Visited December 2010

• Hungarian first
Atlanta, GA
“Best woodfired steakhouse I"ve ever found”
Reviewed December 21, 2010

This is the jewel of Aruba. Great atmosphere, service and outstanding food. The steaks here could be put up against any world class restaurant without worry. My favorite is the ribeye covered with chimichurri sauce.

new york
“Not impressed with Yemanja Grille”
Reviewed December 20, 2010

We went to Yemanja after I read many good reviews about the restaurant. We ate there the last week in November. I made a reservation online before we left, everything went smooth with with that, but unfortunately we were not very impressed with the place; my husband and myself had the ribeye steak; we both agreed that the meat had too much fat and had no special flavor from the woodfired grille. My mother had the grouper italiano which was a better choice. My daughter had the chocolate brownie for desert which was very good. Overall a good meal but I would't go back.

1 Thank mv68
Massachusetts
“Expectations were high”
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We had such high expectations of this restaurant after reading all the great reviews here and on the Aruba restaurant site. Unfortunately, for us, the restaurant did not live up to the reviews. I had the French Onion soup which was good. I had the surf/turf for my meal. The shrimp was OK but the beef was dry and not much flavor. Sides were ok. SO had a tossed green salad - that was good and it was beautiful to look at as well! He had the ribeye for a steak and it was about 1/4 inch thick and again, not much flavor. Neither of us had dessert. The atmosphere is really nice, the service was good and the decor was very pretty.

1 Thank susan e
Florida
“Very nice restaurant with terrific food.”
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Four of us really enjoyed our meals here, Service was good. Food was well prepared. Good choice of seafood or meat.
The only thing that was annoying was the overhead fans, which were on high. It might have been way too warm if they had been on lower, however.