Tripadvisor

“Great meal”

Yemanja Woodfired Grill
Ranked #8 of 257 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Yemanja is relaxing and welcoming with a passion for tradition and excellence. Serving international food with strong Caribbean influences prepared on our wood fired grill. Also, offering healthy foods with an extensive vegetarian menu and catering to all your dietary needs, such as vegan and gluten-free. Seating is either inside (air-conditioned) or outside on a cozy terrace. Both inside & outside seating are non-smoking. Yemanja’s Kids Policy: In order to accommodate our guests who are seeking a quiet and relaxing night out in the later hours, Yemanja no longer accept reservations for children under the age of 6 after 7 pm. We continue to welcome reservations for all guests, in the hours prior to 7 pm. As of 7:01pm we no longer seat guests with kids under the age of 6. Children till the age of 12 can order from our regular menu at smaller portions and with 35% off the menu price.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Downtown Oranjestad is dead at night, save for a few restaurants.

Stopped for dinner without reservations and were immediately seated.

Ambiance was good. Service excellent.

Had the calamari 3 way appetizer. Very good.

She had the vegan barbecue platter, which she gave a 4 out of 5.

I had the mixed seafood platter. With 3 types of fish, plus mussels, shrimp and scallop. Good, and a lot of food.

Service:5
Food: 4.

1  Thank matwags
Write a reviewReviews (2,885)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our year after year FAVORITE !!!!!!!
Always well worth the taxi fare ... So UNIQUE !!!!!!
This visit was extraordinary ... The garden outdoor seating was delightful.
Kim Crawford / Bonanza by the glass paired with dinner entrees: Grilled Swordfish kabob and Herb crusted Sea Bass ... so here's what always makes such a difference ... presentation is beautiful and includes a special risotto bed, mixed vegetables, and intriguing sides artfully arranged on your dinner plate.
The gelato dessert presentation was equally wonderful.
So well done ... we will always be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here last night as it has been one of our favorites for years. However, this time was a big disappointment. All of the food was excellent, but the noise level was unbearable—there is no sound absorption at all, and people were incredibly loud to the point where you could not hear people at your own table because other groups were so noisy. Service was poor. Our server was friendly but extremely inattentive and terribly slow. Normally we go here twice during our two weeks in Aruba but we will probably cancel our second reservation in order to avoid the unpleasant atmosphere and service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Yemanja had a great selection of food for almost anyone with diet restrictions. I had a delicious salmon. They also have a great wine menu. It had a nice and fancy island vibe. I would recommend some more fans, as it was a little hot. But it wouldn’t stop me from going again.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went here at about 5:30 on a Monday and they didn't have any tables available so we got a reservation for 8pm and just walked around. They were able to seat us a little bit early, but pretty close to 8. Would recommend a reservation.

For drinks, I got a mojito which was not too sweet, unlike most mojitos I have had in the states. My mother got a pinot grigio I believe which she enjoyed.

My mother is recently trying to be vegan, and I am a vegetarian and we were really happy with the vegan options! I had the BBQ spread which had Jackfruit, grilled tofu, a vegan rib (idk what was in that but it was delicious), beans, mac n cheese, and a veggie skewer. It was so good! Ended up taking it home and having it for breakfast the next day, where it was still good. My mom got a salad that had a lot of good flavors. She also had hers for breakfast the next day and the greens weren't soggy from the dressing.

For dessert I had the Caribbean dream which was absolutely fantastic: mango pie, grilled pineapple, a guava ice cream, kiwi, and a passionfruit glaze drizzled over everything. My mom had berries and cream which she really liked.

Would def recommend.