Tripadvisor
Oranjestad

“Hands down our favorite restaurant in Aruba”

Yemanja Woodfired Grill
Ranked #8 of 253 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yemanja is relaxing and welcoming with a passion for tradition and excellence. Serving international food with strong Caribbean influences prepared on our wood fired grill. Also, offering healthy foods with an extensive vegetarian menu and catering to all your dietary needs, such as vegan and gluten-free. Seating is either inside (air-conditioned) or outside on a cozy terrace. Both inside & outside seating are non-smoking. Yemanja’s Kids Policy: In order to accommodate our guests who are seeking a quiet and relaxing night out in the later hours, Yemanja no longer accept reservations for children under the age of 6 after 7 pm. We continue to welcome reservations for all guests, in the hours prior to 7 pm. As of 7:01pm we no longer seat guests with kids under the age of 6. Children till the age of 12 can order from our regular menu at smaller portions and with 35% off the menu price.
Reviewed January 20, 2020

This was my entire family's favorite restaurant on the whole island. It was a wonderful dining experience and worth eating at. We ate here at the end of our trip and would have returned had we know about it earlier in the trip. We discovered this restaurant while driving around Oranjestad and it was amazing.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (2,888)

Reviewed January 18, 2020

vegan excellent presentation options.
nice wines
excellent service and location
cozy and elegant
woodfire grill make it delicious and special

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 16, 2020

This was my first experience of Yemanja and I already can't wait to go back. It was the best meal of the trip, and we even went to Madame Janette....

Anyway, I had the French onion soup as an appetizer and it wasn't overly hot, had excellent, unique cheese, and was just the right amount. I highly recommend it.

For my entree, I had the surf and turf skillet. I loved that the steak was cut in manageable pieces and cooked to perfection.

The dessert was a dream come true. The apple and cinnamon millefeuille was insanely good. The cinnamon flavor was bright and perfect.

Our server was also on top of her game. She checked on us when it mattered and her recommendations were spot on.

It was truly a memorable meal and if you are in Aruba, you have to go. If you don't go, you might as well turn around and fly back just to get dinner there.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

The atmosphere, service and food were exceptional. The grouper dinner was excellent! I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

We highly recommend Yemanja! We had a wonderful experience and our waitress, Janice was amazing! She was so attentive, and she made our experience incredible from start to finish! I have a dairy allergy and the menu was so accommodating and absolutely delicious. Absolutely amazing food and staff!