“Delicious”

Yemanja Woodfired Grill
Ranked #9 of 267 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yemanja is relaxing and welcoming with a passion for tradition and excellence. Serving international food with strong Caribbean influences prepared on our wood fired grill. Also, offering healthy foods with an extensive vegetarian menu and catering to all your dietary needs, such as vegan and gluten-free. Seating is either inside (air-conditioned) or outside on a cozy terrace. Both inside & outside seating are non-smoking. Yemanja’s Kids Policy: In order to accommodate our guests who are seeking a quiet and relaxing night out in the later hours, Yemanja no longer accept reservations for children under the age of 6 after 7 pm. We continue to welcome reservations for all guests, in the hours prior to 7 pm. As of 7:01pm we no longer seat guests with kids under the age of 6. Children till the age of 12 can order from our regular menu at smaller portions and with 35% off the menu price.
Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

We came for an anniversary dinner. Even though there was no view, the trip was well worth it. I had the Caribbean grilled shrimp and it was spicy and delicious. My son had the skirt steak and said it was the best he’s ever had.. and he’s eaten at a number of very reputable steakhouses in the US. Even the bread served at the start was mouth watering. It is clear that quality ingredients and thoughtful care is put into each offering. The banana tarte tatin is a must have. Do not expect your meal to come out quickly...it takes time to create dishes this good.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a ReviewReviews (2,683)

Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

We always have a good time at Yemanja. The food is delicious and beautifully presented. They have plenty of healthy and vegetarian options that don’t spare flavor. First, they serve a delicious homemade bread with olive tapenade and butter. Can’t resist it. I had the Super Food Salad and my husband had the Caprese salad to start. Then I had salmon and he had tuna for the main course. We ate every morsel. Then we shared the Peach Crumble Cheesecake for dessert. I think it’s the best dessert on the island. Yummmmmm!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

If you have read my earlier reviews, Madame Janettes is my favorite restaurant on the island. I will admit when I was wrong. I was WRONG..... Two times now 6 months apart do I g at Yemanja. This is my NEW favorite restaurant in the island. Try the fish chowder. Better than Legal in Boston. Tenderloin, lamb chops, excellent all around. Tried the restaurant in both the busy season and off season. Both times excellent food, service and value. Should be way higher than 8th on TripAdvisor.

1  Thank 947patm
Reviewed June 5, 2019

Service was the best ever. The waitress explained everything perfectly. The drinks were delicious. My husband had the grilled seafood medley and I had the grouper. Both were excellent. This will be our go to spot and #1 recommendation to anyone who asks.

1  Thank Gucci1993
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful menu for both beef and seafood lovers as well as creative vegetarian options. Food is beautifully plated, creative flavors and atmosphere is intimate and relaxed. A must stop for dinner on your Aruba vacation.