“Reputation Deserved”

Yemanja Woodfired Grill
Ranked #2 of 222 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Yemanja is relaxing and welcoming, with a passion for tradition and excellence. Serving comfort food with a twist prepared over wood fired grill. Also, offering healthy foods with an extensive vegetarian menu and catering to all your dietary needs, such as vegan and gluten-free. Seating is either inside (air-conditioned) or outside on a cozy terrace.
LaGrange, Georgia
“Reputation Deserved”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We finally made it to this wonderful restaurant that consistently receives high marks. Our evening was as close to perfect as possible -- lovely environs, great service, and unique food prepared perfectly. They definitely deserve their reputation as one of the finest restaurants on the island.

• Hungarian first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I don't give a 10 out of 10 , but it is a 9.5”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

First, I will tell you that we have been looking at going here for some time but never gave it a try till tonight. The service was very good. The potato soup was the best I have ever had. Then I had the Yemanja salad with portobello mushroom and added chicken. This is a very expense salad, but once again one of the best I've ever had. I loved it. This is now my new favorite place to eat in Aruba. Don't wait like I did. You will be missing a great meal.

Noord, Aruba
“My favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We go over and over again to Yemanja. We love the meat and the atmosphere!
I love this restaurant because everything is home cooked and it is not a factory.
We will be back

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Fanny R
New York
“Gluten free paradise!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Always has been one of my favorite restaurants but since discovering my gluten intolerance a few years ago I have a new appreciation for restaurants that not only create wonderful dishes but can also cater to those gluten free diets. Now I cannot attest to how safe this restaurant is for a person with celiac but for someone like me its PERFECT. Just let your server know at the beginning of your meal that you are gluten free and they will cater to your needs. They offer a gluten free bread that according to my wife is better than their regular bread. Their menu indicates which items are gluten free or vegan. My wife and I had grilled salmon and creole pork chops and both were excellent. My wife had an appetizer salad in a filo dough wrap filled with goat cheese which was amazing.
We are planning a second visit to Yemanja this trip and I continue to rate as one of the best restaurants on the island.

1 Thank hsmolin
New Jersey
“Over-rated”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at a ton of top eateries across the world and know what good a restaurant is all about so I'll get right to the point:

Pros
- the food is ridiculously great, off the charts outstanding

Cons
- service is slow, even by Aruba standards and not very good. We went for my 40th birthday celebration and they botched that up. I read from many others that service was great so I guess it depends on who you get
- decor, not much to say about that. Outside is nice but you will go home smelling of smoke from the grill. Inside reminds me of a Jose tejas and was a bit dirty (a few dead bugs on the floor)
- overly expensive ($38 for a watered down pitcher of sangria)

The great food doesn't out way the negatives when you take cost into account, especially when you have a ton of other options to choose from. Won't be coming back here

1 Thank atkahuna