“Over-rated”

Yemanja Woodfired Grill
Ranked #2 of 225 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Yemanja is relaxing and welcoming with a passion for tradition and excellence. Serving international food with strong Caribbean influences prepared on our wood fired grill. Also, offering healthy foods with an extensive vegetarian menu and catering to all your dietary needs, such as vegan and gluten-free. Seating is either inside (air-conditioned) or outside on a cozy terrace. Both inside & outside seating are non-smoking.
New Jersey
“Over-rated”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at a ton of top eateries across the world and know what good a restaurant is all about so I'll get right to the point:

Pros
- the food is ridiculously great, off the charts outstanding

Cons
- service is slow, even by Aruba standards and not very good. We went for my 40th birthday celebration and they botched that up. I read from many others that service was great so I guess it depends on who you get
- decor, not much to say about that. Outside is nice but you will go home smelling of smoke from the grill. Inside reminds me of a Jose tejas and was a bit dirty (a few dead bugs on the floor)
- overly expensive ($38 for a watered down pitcher of sangria)

The great food doesn't out way the negatives when you take cost into account, especially when you have a ton of other options to choose from. Won't be coming back here

Visited June 2014
1 Thank atkahuna

• Hungarian first
New York City, New York
“Best Restaurant in Aruba- From a NY Foodie!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I Love love love this restaurant! I have been to Aruba several times and returned here my last 3 trips. Each time has not disappointed.
The fish/sides/apps all delicious and I literally dream about the banana dessert!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Melvin V
Auburn, PA
“Great Tasting Meal”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Everything was great, the food, the service, and the advice. Our waitress recommended the Grouper with cheese and white wine, I had the ribeye steak, daughters had shrimp and skirt steak. The steaks were very tasty, slightly smokey wood flavor, desert was incredible. I'd say worth the ~ $40 per person.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank PAJAY
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent service & food”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on our first night on Aruba and the food and service was excellent. A few evenings later we went back, had different staff and selected different dishes. The service and quality of food was just as excellent. Truly a place that prides itself on quality. Staff are wonderfully attentive and helpful. Food is superb. Would not hesitate to recommend a visit.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Antony K
Boston
“The food and the service were superb!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went to Aruba for the first time this year and happened to pick this restaurant when our other reservations fell through. It turned out to be the best meal that we had during our entire stay! It was so good that we went again and would have kept going if we did not have plane tickets to leave.
We all ate fish and vegetarian meals, opting to taste many courses and sharing everything. The fish entrees were unusual, full of interesting flavors that merged to become amazing. One dish with quinoa was so interesting that we all tasted it to try and figure out what some of the ingredients were! We were not able to find out the chefs secrets but we all enjoyed the process.

The setting was comfortable, breezy and open. The server was amazing, he knew every single dish, asked us what kind of tastes we were looking for and was able to make dishes specific to our requests. He was right every time! He was engaging, funny and beyond well informed.

I hope to go to Aruba again and will go to Yemanja many times to try everything! We are experienced food snobs and rate this restaurant and service one of the best we have ever had. Thank you Yemanja!

• Visited May 2014