“Company also masquerades as Fun Tours 4 U” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Watapana Tours

Watapana Tours
Ranked #68 of 72 Tours in Oranjestad
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether business or pleasure, Watapana Tours delivers. With 20 years of experience in the industry, we are the leaders in providing fantastic vacation experiences. Let us help you combine the perfect adventure. From a rugged ATV extravaganza expedition to a comfortable air-conditioned island tour by Bus. You can count on us for great value and unforgetable experiences.
Vancouver, Washington
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Company also masquerades as Fun Tours 4 U”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had the same experience as others have eluded to. However, we did not know the company was Watapana. We had already read reviews for Watapana and didn't book thru them, so we thought. We found Fun Tours 4 U, and selected them because they had jeeps, and a full tour. When we got there and filled out paperwork, I saw Watapana on the back of contracts. We should have cancelled then. Our "tour" started very late, the equipment was in dire shape, we were combined with shoddy ATVs, and there was no tour. We caravanned to 3 sites ..... no information or history was given. I think some sights weren't included because we began an hour late. Spend your money elsewhere.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Parker12301

Long Island City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Danger to yourselves if you use this company”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I can't believe this company is still in business. They changed their name from watapana tours to ATV Extravaganza but they are still the same corrupt company that my son almost lost his life to seven years ago. My children rented ATV'S from this company and the equpment was all broken and never tended to. No one ever inspects the machinery and they are not up to United States Codes. They went out to ride the ATV's and right from the start they knew that they were not up to code. Not only was the equpment outdated, but my children had to fight with the company to get helmets. Thank God that they were smart enough to ask for helmets, because after five minutes on the ATV's they were on their way back to return them because they weren't functioning right. Unfortunately on the way back one of the ATV's stalled and there was a four ATV collision and my son needed emergency surgery. Not to mention all the other individuals who got cuts and bruises. Not only did the company not apologize but they tried to still charge my credit card for the use of the ATV's. I eventually got my credit card reimbursed, but only after months of back and forth and producing hospital records from Aruba. My son was hospitalized, needed surgery and spent two days in the Aruba Hospital all of which I had to pay for out of pocket. I went to the Aruba Tourism Board and they said they had a lot of complaints against this company and they would look into it. That obviously didn't span out to much since they just changed their name. I also contacted an attorney there in Aruba and basically was told that we really did not have much of a case because americans don't have any rights in Aruba and it would be a long drawn out case. My son tore his bicep muscle and has an extensive scar on his arm and needed many months of physical therapy to regain use of his arm, and to this day, seven years later, his arm still is not normal. I hate this company and they should be put out of business and shame on the island of Aruba to have this company still in existence. We are timeshare owners and go back every year and always see this company pedaling their horrible machinery throughout the island. What will it take to close them down? Does someone need to die on their ATV's (probably already happened). And to top this off when we went down to the offices to speak to the owner she would not come out of her office. She is a horrible individual and hopefully she herself will get what she deserves- let her ride on one of her ATV's and too bad if she has a horrible experience. I wish her the worst because she deserves nothing better!!

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Rockino
Plymouth, Michigan
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A Complete Cluster "Beep"”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Why oh why did I not read the reviews for this "business" before we booked our Jeep Tour...they are a complete and total disaster and one of the poorest run operations that I have ever seen. Like others, we were picked up almost 45 minutes late (with no phone call, no apology, no nothing. It then took forever to get the paperwork squared away for our party of six at the tour company's offices prior to us beginning our tour. Once the paperwork was completed, we were escorted to our dilapidated Jeeps (ours was started with a screwdriver) while one poor employee/guide tried to provide an orientation to 35 Venezuelans who rented ATV's.

We sat for almost another hour waiting for the ATV orientation to conclude before getting underway. Yes they had only ONE employee trying to do it all. What we also did not realize was that our two jeeps and ALL of the ATV's were going together - which is not what we signed up for. Not long after we got on the road, some of the ATV's broke down and the owner of the company had to come and "rescue them" which again took forever - while we sat and waited AGAIN.

In the end, we convinced our guides to separate us from the pack of ATV's and more than two hours after our designated tour start time, we finally got underway.

On a positive note, the terrain and the sites were very cool - very rugged and beautiful and definitely worth seeing (with another tour company of course!). Our poor guide Gilbert was a candidate for sainthood - trying his best to smooth out the debacle of the morning - none of which was his fault. In fact he seemed to be the only one in that company that had a clue. He was very kind and knowledgeable and did his best to change the sour taste in our mouths. We all told him to find a job somewhere else! Hopefully this loser company's competition reads these Trip Advisor reviews and will snatch him up - he deserves better working conditions and provided excellent customer service under the most ridiculous conditions...

Be afraid - be VERY afraid of this company. Oh and when you do sign up for an off road tour in Aruba (which you should do) just smile to yourself when you pass by one of Watapanaaruba's broken down vehicles on the side of the road with their unhappy customers and be thankful you read the reviews for this outfit here FIRST...

Visited March 2013
4 Thank Kim W
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Do not use this company”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Let me make this clear and simple:

- they picked us up 45 minutes late
- we arrive at the office and the staff was incredibly disorganized and inefficient
- took us about an hour to leave (already we start an hour and a half or so later than we were supposed to)
- 2 ATVs broke down about 6x throughout the course of the excursion (the equipment was in poor condition)
- we finally made it to the natural pool, which was cool
- we DIDN'T VISIT the Natural Bridge as promised and included in the price
- note: not all of their flyers say "Watapana Tours" (some just say ATV extravaganza)

Bottom line: DON'T USE THIS COMPANY

2 Thank Aruba0523
West Islip, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worst run company in Aruba if not the Carribean!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Two Thumbs Down!!!

We contracted this company to take 5 adults on a ATV tour of Aruba. It started out with the pickup one hour late!! Then when we were ready to ride one of the ATVs wouldnt start so we had to double up until the first stop when a working atv would be waiting for us. On the way one of the atvs shut down. We had to stop go back and find our lost comrade. Further along two of the other ATV ridden by two gents not in our party broke down and subsequently they left the group. Our 5 continued on after at least 45 minutes in delays. When we finally reached the National Park one of our bikes broke down. I offered to ride back in the Guides Jeep so my guest would be able to finish his ride. We were so late at this point that we canceled several stops to get back to their base. We were supposed to return to the Hotel and were over and 1/12 hour late. The final straw was the bus that was to transport us back wouldn't start. The Guide and mechanic argued over what to do while 3 other buses sat idle. I went to look for a manager or someone in charge and found no one the office was locked . The guide was apologizing and said he was quitting because of the absolute and total mismanagement and lack of concern. Save yourself the aggravation, there are other tour operators ! March 5 2013 McLax5@aol.com

Visited March 2013