“Short but challenging course”

Links at Divi Aruba
Johnston, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Short but challenging course”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nine hole golf course on the grounds of the Divi Resort. Well maintained although maybe to much fairway watering on some holes. Quite challenging if you don't keep the ball in the fairway.

Visited October 2013

henlow beds
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“golf oh dear”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

played golf but not too welll. had lunch and popped over for a drink 3 times.... tuesday special deal 2 for $70. wed and friday $75 for a 9 hole competition. with all the gear thrown in. grass not real and a problem

Brunswick
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice to get out and golf”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Nice course, the greens were slow. My husband is a big golfer...golfs often not famous! dang it ;) and he said he was okay not golfing for a week. I had to talk him in to going convincing him he would be the only one out of his friends that could say they played golf in Aruba! After looking up the other 2 courses in Aruba online he decided on the Links because it had the best clubs. He did not bring his own so he rented some. They were Titleist AP 1 clubs and they were pretty worn, but that is to be expected since they are rented clubs. I did not play I just went along for the ride and views, the scenes weren't as nice as I expected, but it was fun to see the iguanas sunning on the course while he was playing! The grips on the clubs needed some work and if you are just along for the ride you need to dress appropriately and wear sneakers or golf shoes, not flip flops, I was asked to change my shoes. At the end of the nine holes (it is also a short course yardage wise) we were each given a COLD towel to cool off with. For me to ride, my husband to play, rent clubs and buy the cheapest balls (Pinnacle Golds, the Pro V 1's were WAY expensive) we paid around $120. Also, we had a 10% off coupon for the pro shop where we bought my husband a Foot Joy shirt and his partner he plays golf with back home. Each shirt was $71 with the coupon.

Visited October 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little disappointing”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband was excited to go golfing in Aruba. I do not golf but I went with him anyway. The course was not as "scenic" as others I have seen in the states. He was not impressed with the course either. There was alot of construction going on at the time so that didn't help either.

Stayton
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Still nice, but suffering from cutbacks”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The accommodations were nice but worn - we had three connecting suites adjacent to the infinity pool and the kitchens had missing knives, pans, plates, and some equipment. Maintenance was spotty - two of three dryers didn't work, as did one of the washers, and the racks for microwave broiling/baking were missing in two of the three. Bathrooms had missing caulk and grout (1" gap next to the bathtub), and exterior wiring was unsafe and poorly spliced together. On a small island next to the children's end of the pool a burned/corroded metal wiring box has exposed wires reachable by anyone in the pool and when bare wires were noted next to a pathway, the staff simply placed a tile square over them but did not repair them. Staff was sparse and shuttles often never arrived when called, and the pool bartender spent more time chatting up the females and ignoring customers for long periods of time. The dinner at Mulligans was another disappointment: the Alfredo was plain noodles thinly covered with what appeared to be thinned Velveta and was inedible, as was another dish we (6 adults) chose.

Overall, we had a very nice time and would probably come back again. Our first experience years ago was fantastic, but it appears that financial setbacks have hit hard and forced cutbacks affecting overall quality.