“Sketchy feeling the minute you walk in...”

Diamonds International
Ranked #5 of 65 Shopping in Oranjestad
More attraction details
Owner description: Diamonds International is currently the largest fine jewelry retailer in the Caribbean. Renowned for their top-caliber customer service, extensive selection of quality merchandise and value pricing, Diamonds International has pioneered fine jewelry retailing in the Caribbean.
Atlanta, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Sketchy feeling the minute you walk in...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

This clip joint wouldn't exist without cruise ships dumping ton of unsuspecting tourists at it's front door. Avoid at all cost. No bargains here, it's a pricing game to make you think you are getting a great deal.

Visited March 2012

Santa Cruz, null, Aruba
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dont shop @ DIAMONDS INTERNATIONALl ARUBA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

I am a local from Aruba who bought an expensive watch @ Diamonds International in Aruba located right around the corner from the Aruba Ports Cruise Terminal.
The crown of the watch came out while adjusting the time and I decided to return to Diamonds International Aruba to have it repaired as I still had guarantee on the watch since it was ONLY THREE MONTHS OLD. The lady who attent me told me that I had been swimming in the ocean with it . I asked her where it was stated in the guarantee that I could not swim with it. Mind you the watch is WATER RESISTANT. Than they kept the watch for three months without doing anything. When I complaint about it, they came up with all kind of stories, that they called and I did not answer my phone, etc. Finally they gave me back my watch and I have to sent it to Miami, it would be repaired free of cost but I had to get it there myself. I decided to call the store in Miami and they told me that in Aruba they also had the guarantee on the watch. I tried speaking to the owner, but he is NEVER available.

Visited March 2012
3 Thank Natascha K
SALEM, MA
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Got the engagement ring we wanted”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

We went shopping for an engagement ring for two days. I would guess that we went to almost all the jewelry stores in Aruba. The first day was trying to figure out what we really wanted and the second was to pick out and make a deal.
I think we did okay and we got the ring we wanted at a price we wanted. Good customer service and no pressure,

Visited November 2011
1 Thank RUDIMAY1
Vacaville, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beware of Aruba Diamonds International”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2011

I also tried to purchase a new diamond for my wedding ring - was totally insulted that they would only give me less than a quarter of the valve my current diamond and if I replaced the entire ring I would only get about a third of the appraised value. Needless to say I walked out and then complained to the Port and Shopping Guide on Princess. I have purchased from DI in Mexico and had a wonderful experience, however Aruba was a totally different matter. Left DI and headed to Noble Jewelers for a Hearts on Fire loose diamond and was very, very pleased with the service and prices.

Visited February 2011
9 Thank daubermom
mn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“SCAM”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

DO NOT BUY!!! We went through a nightmare! They sold us a $4,000 diamond that was WORTHLESS! I poured out tears and tears because of our experience! If you want your fiance to be cry every day, and you want to lose out on a ton of money (they dont offer refunds-even within 30 days) then go ahead and purchase. BEWARE PEOPLE!!

11 Thank sweetlyss6904