“needs work”

Le Chateau Aruba
Scranton, PA
“needs work”
Reviewed January 7, 2006

I booked the LeChateau based on their website and pictures. It is deceiving as it does not really look out to the ocean. I opted to upgrade to the one-bedroom when I arrived as the one room I had rented was in the basement with only a window. The room had obviously been empty for some time as a thin layer of dirt was on all appliances and counters and the floor.

I had a nice balcony but it overlooked the street behind it rather than to the ocean. There was a dog left outside all night right next door, and of course it rained and the dog barked and barked until finally the owner I think let it in for a short time. My sleep was ruined.

The owner is very nice and lives on the top floor, in what I think is advertised as one of the rooms for rent. He told me I could use the Renessance beach before I came so I assumed he had an arrangement with them. Turns out he only has towels that match their's and you cannot go out on the island.

I left after 4 nights and paid him a $200 penalty as it was too isolated for me and I need a beach.

I would recommend to others but be aware there is no beach, its a little pricey for what you get and no maid service. The one bedroom is large and you have a front window so you can leave it open all day

16 Thank Debbie006

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club
#2 of 31 in Oranjestad
Rutena Suites
Rutena Suites
#7 of 31 in Oranjestad

Been to Le Chateau Aruba? Share your experiences!