“excellent”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“excellent”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Very nice restaurant . Decor is beautiful and we love so much . This restaurant is simply awesome. I can saythat I have my best Red Snapper fish ever.

• Visited July 2014

Springfield, Ohio
“Ben and Tammy-Best food and service”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have been to the island numerous times, and have eaten at almost every restaurant there. Carpe Diem, is new, and replaced the Don Carlos that used to reside in that building. I was hesitant to go, until I realized that it was no longer Don Carlos. The old plastic furnishings of Don Carlos was replaced with plush, comfortable furnishings, excellent lighting, and an overall relaxing environment. We were on the island for 8 days, we discovered Carpe Diem on the 3rd day, and went there for the next 5 nights. This restaurant is simply awesome. The service was top notch. The hosts were very friendly and made us genuinely feel right at home, on our last night we felt like family, and had a hard time saying farewell. The food was the best I've had, and not just on the island. It was the best I've had anywhere. I can say that I had my best Filet Mignon ever at Carpe Diem. I have been home for several days now, and I am still babbling on about it. Also, I am, was, a Sushi virgin. The Sushi Chef promised to make me a believer, and lived up to his words. The 007 Sushi was so good, I ordered another round, immediately after the first. When you add the oceanside view, to the service, friendliness, and the excellent food, you have a serious winner. Might I add, that I am not easy to please. I will go back to Aruba as I always have, my meals will be eaten at Carpe Diem. I would like to tell all of the travelers staying in the hotel areas, that you have to get away from that tourist/hotel convenience and venture downtown to Carpe Diem. There are nice restaurants in the hotel area, but none of them compare.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Ben W
Levittown, New York
“Eclectic Restaurant by Marina”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband, son and I had dinner at Carpe Diem - which is in downtown by the marina. We made reservations and were seated facing the boats in the marina. The décor is very nice - eclectic white furniture, with a coastal touch here and there. The bar has plenty of seating should you wish to just grab a drink.

We ordered the featured carpe diem cocktail - it was great. A bit sweet and tangy. My son and husband tried the Blue cocktail also very good.

For an appetizer, I tried the Shakira sushi roll- which was fresh and really good. My husband had the lobster bisque - also really good.

For dinner, I had the shrimp pasta dish - it was creamy and yes, very filling. I could not eat it all. My son and husband had Filet Mignon - with a baked potato. They both enjoyed it.

The service was outstanding - they treated us so well! From the moment we walked in to the time that we left.
I will certainly visit again for my next trip.

Visited July 2014
“I love finding the place no one is talking about and it is the one place I would recommend”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We went to a restaurant highly recommended to find a dark dingy room. Maybe the food would have been great but we were one vacation and looking for a place on the water. We wondered on and came across Carpe Diem. It was along the marina and not very crowded so it could seat a party of 8 without a wait. What a wonderful surprise. The food was fabulous, the staff was friendly and tentative to our every need, and the atmosphere was to die for. It is easily a favorite and I highly recommend Carpe Diem.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Ajfenst
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome new restaurant in Aruba!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We just happened upon this restaurant when walking around Orangestad one evening. We were a group of eight and were accommodated immediately. Wonderful view of the sea with pleasure boats docking nearby. The staff and service were impeccable. Their creamy asparagus soup and goat cheese salad were excellent. Our party ordered a variety of things on the menu and everyone enjoyed their meals. I recommend a stop at Carpe Diem when visiting Aruba.

• Visited June 2014