“Our first visit and it was wonderful !”
Review of Carpe Diem - CLOSED

Carpe Diem
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Lewes, Delaware, United States
“Our first visit and it was wonderful !”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff attentive, the food delicious and hot. Beautiful view and atmosphere. Next trip to Aruba will eat there again......

• Visited November 2013

CT
“Perfect restaurant for ambience and great food.”
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I happened upon this restaurant and loved everything about it. He had the catch of the day. Grouper. I had the the steak and lobster with saffron rice. It was very tasty. I would say that the meals are over priced but we were happy with the service and the quality. It was very quiet so I was worried it might not be a great experience but I was pleasantly surprised. Wait staff very attentive. Love the decor and open air dining. If you had a bad experience it may have been when cruise ships were docked. I'd recommend highly for a romantic dinner

• Visited November 2013
Long Beach, California
“Eclectic Atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Worth the visit for the ambiance alone, food was pricey like most of Aruba, but right on the waterfront. Not much breeze cutting thru on our evening out so it was a little warm. Primarily fish selections and sushi, good food. Temperature & seasoning was excellent. Coffee is a pass, tasted burnt. My friend got locked in the women's bathroom stall, but a worker helped her out! Service was good, until we sent coffee back then stagnated. Very cool decor albeit bizarre!

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a waste...”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

To end our delightful holidays on Aruba and to fulfill my wife's longing for eating some good lobster we decided to check out the Carpe Diem restaurant in Oranjestad. Our findings: 1. Food served 2,5 hours late. 2. On arrival of our orders some dishes were mistaken for others. 3. Long wait for drinks requested. 4. Over spiced dishes. 5. Badly cooked lobsters (chewing gum) 6. When waiting for our order it was almost impossible to get some quick bread and spread to at least fill our overly empty stomachs. 7. After all of this, the waiter delayed in serving our coffee and 8. had the nerve to ask for a tip. 9. When paying the bill at the cash register, the waiter also topped things off by uninterestedly turning away and have a chat with his colleague while finishing the transaction. Seriously people... Do NOT go here!!!

1 Thank Ray C
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food excellent ambiance!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Aruba and enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Carpe Diem. We stayed across the street at the Renaissance Marina Hotel and though it doesn't look like much from the street, the decor is really beautiful and elegant. I had one of their fresh fish of the day specials and my husband had a lobster risotto - both were excellent. The fish portion size was huge - I couldn't finish it all. The wine list was very good and had many nice bottles at very reasonable prices, only negative I can say about the place was the bottle I chose they didn't have available which was disappointing.

The service was slow but very courteous. Don't go here if you are starving and need to eat right away, but do go if you want a really nice relaxing evening with wonderful food and decor.

• Visited October 2013