“Fabulous Cabernet Sauvignon tasting”
Review of The Wine Room

The Wine Room
Ranked #48 of 225 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Wine Tasting Room, Open Tuesday's, Wednesday's, Thursday's and Friday's for by the glass or by the bottle and Saturday we have tastings. Reservation's are highly recommended. Escape the usual crowd and step into a new wine journey, experience the rustic and elegant wine room, where everyone talks food & wine. Ask for the Champignon au gratin
Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous Cabernet Sauvignon tasting”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

While researching restaurants before our recent trip, my wife and I (in our 30s) found The Wine Room on TripAdvisor. After a handful of helpful emails with Monrick, we scheduled a Cabernet Sauvignon tasting evening.

The tapas included bread, cheese, sausage, ribeye steak, asparagus, and chocolate. The session lasted 2 hours, for $75 each. We stayed late and shared more wine with Monrick and his guests.

It exceed all our expectations! We are very novice wine drinkers and were skeptical of being in over our heads. The other couples we shared the bar with had varying levels of wine knowledge and experience. However, Monrick performed magic in being able to relate to each and every of the 10 of us. We had great conversations with the other guests too.

This is an extremely comfortable place. It blends romance, learning, and new friendships into one special setting. I recommend this to anyone visiting the island with even the slightest interest in wine.

Thanks Monrick!

Lou & Jackie
Chicago USA

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Lou H

Raleigh, North Carolina
“A Toast to The Wine Room in Aruba”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

No matter where we go, my wife and I are always open to new experiences, and especially those that involve a good glass of wine. We found that and more at The Wine Room. What we expected was a tourist attraction-style wine tasting that would entertain us, at best. What we received was so much more. Our tasting was small and intimate; eight people, not including Monrick, the owner, and our guide for the evening. We were the only tourists in the room. Four native Arubans, two transplant locals, and me and my wife. The tasting was called "Wines of the World" with two whites and four reds. These were paired with tapas-sized helpings of several kinds of sushi and beef. It was great to mix wine, food, great conversation with strangers who quickly became friends, and solid wine education all in the same evening. Kudos to Monrick, who has the savvy to know when to hang back and let the participants interact among themselves. One of the highlights of our trip, and an evening we won't soon forget. Cheers!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Tom M
boston,ma
“A Fun Night at the Wine Room”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I went to the Wine Room in Aruba after receiving an invitation on Facebook. We knew nothing of it's reputation, but it sounded interesting since we both enjoy a glass or two. Upon entering the Wine Room, we were told how the wine tasting would progress. The room accommodate about eight people arranged around a 'L' shaped bar where the sommelier, Monrick Croes did his presentation. It is a cousy setting where people could interact whit each other. All we knew was that we would be tasting five reds. Monrick showed the correct process for aerating, swirling to release aromas, detecting the flavors (cinnamon, strawberry, etc) as the nose processed the release of vapor and slurping while tasting Each of us were given a pen and paper to write down our guess as to the origin, age, name of the grape, what our noses and our taste buds told. My husband thought he was more knowledge than I and I agreed.

We tasted each of the five wines paired with different foods such as olives, strawberrys, cheeses, deli meats and sirloin strip. There was a good interaction between Monrick and between each of the tasters during the whole evening . After having a fun filled tasting of the wines, we were given the correct age, origin, grape and nose which were were grade how well we did in identifying the wine data. We did our own scores (very informal) and to my surprise, I learned how little I knew about wine but when I compared my score with my husband, the wine expert's score, I beat him

We had great fun and my husband, the 'ex' wine expert told Monrick that the evening beat his expectations. It was fun! To top the evening off, Monrick's father gave us a ride to our hotel.
Thank you for a great night.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank sweetieBoston_ma
New Jersey
“Wine Tasting”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you love wine, or want to learn more about wine, this is a great way to spend an evening. We did a private wine tasting paired with tapas. Monrick, the owner, knows so much about wine and we started with two whites, two reds, and finished with a port paired with dark chocolate. We were there 3 hours with great conversation and wine. The time passed quickly. It's a nice cozy candlelit atmosphere and I highly recommend it. We'll definitely return on our next trip to Aruba.

Visited January 2014

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank Valerie617
Washington DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Monrick and The Wine Room are Aruba Essentials”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Found The Wine Room on Facebook and set up a tasting while we were vacationing in Aruba. We love trying new wine and decided to give it a try. Monrick was the ultimate host and made us feel welcome from the moment we walked through the door. It is an experience, not just a wine and food pairing. We learned a few new things too! Food pairings were exceptional. It is like a party for your mouth. We'll definitely return next year.

• Visited January 2014