“A must do” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ola Sport Fishing Aruba
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
“A must do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I went out this week with Captain Mike. We had a blast. Neither of us had ever done this but had on the "bucket list." We caught the largest fish of our lives and have the pictures to prove. The boat was clean, the Captain was energetic, informative, fun and funny. The team on the boat was going to do everything possible to catch fish. The experience from start to finish was everything I had hoped with Charter fishing. I will do again and I recommend to anyone from experienced fisherman to families to couples, you'll have a great experience. Good luck keeping up with Captain Mike's energy!

Visited April 2013

copper country
“Deep Sea Fishing with CAPT MIKE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Awesome! 6 Tuna and 2 Wahoo! Don't let him fool 'ya. THE WAHOO GRILLE UP GREAT!!!! ;) Mike worked his butt off! He kept us entertained the whole time. Now, I've been deep sea fishing a few times. This was great. Big waves here people! The 25-35' boats really get tossed around. The 53' Hatteras was the ticket.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Great boat and crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

I wanted to take my wife and kids fishing. They all get sea sick so I wanted to get a larger boat with a good crew. We settled on Ola. Even though it's a bit pricier than its competitors, I justified the expense on the basis that we were getting a bigger, better boat and really experienced crew led by an American captain. It was money very well spent. The boat is terrific -- it has a large air conditioned interior cabin with a full working bathroom (with a shower). There is a large room with couches, chairs and a TV for everyone to hang out in while the boat heads out (for those who may get sea sick being outside). The swells can be quite challenging to the sea-impaired, especially on the north end of the island, where the big fish are, so having the bigger boat with the climate-controlled interior and bathroom was really helpful. Many of the other fishing boats have no cabin and/or no bathroom (and/or sketchy crewmen); you get what you pay for. As for Captain Mike, I cannot say enough. He worked hard making sure we had the maximum number of lines in the water at every depth, and he constantly changed the bait after every bite. He even cut up some of our early bounty to use as bait -- which worked, as we ultimately caught a large barracuda (after netting some smaller fish). All the way, even after my kids did finally get sick, Mike was in great spirits, joking with all of us, urging everyone to take their turn in the chair even if they weren't feeling 100%, and making sure we all had a good time. Finally, I will note that I've done a fair amount of sport fishing and will make special note to compliment the Ola for equiping the boat with absolutely first class rods and reels. You don't often see equipment in such good shape. It all looked new, and much of it was. This was a great family outing and I highly recommend Ola -- the little extra money is well worth it. Be well, Cap't Mike, and thanks for the great trip.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Adam K
Detroit MI
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Definite MUST - Best Charter in Aruba”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Down in Aruba for my wedding, so took my dad and brother in law for a full day charter. Have to say that everything from the initial contact, to the follow up, to the actual fishing was top notch. Landed over 8 Wahoo, several Bonita, and one great Mahi-Mahi that we grilled up for our family dinner. In addition to the great fishing, the boat and equipment is the best in Aruba. They say you get what you pay for, and with Captain Mike and the Ola, you get everything and more.

I will be a big advertiser for Ola, and cant wait to do it again!!!! Thinking I'm coming back when the Marlin are peaking!!!!!

Thanks for making this a trip of a lifetime for all of us.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank WillisMJohn
Niagara Falls, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ola Sportfishing Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Tom S.--Niagara Falls
Went out Feb 6, 2013--always wanted a Mahi Mahi--you could not write stuff like this--4-hr trip--1-15lb King 1-10lb bonita 10 smaller bonita 2- black fin tuna--charter coming to an end--5 of 6 lines are out of the water--6th line coming in--strike & a miss--Capt Mike starts working the rodtip--hits again & hooks up--passes the rod over--thinking its a big Wahoo--fights on--jumps out--big Mahi Mahi--15 minutes later and a great arial battle--gaffed at botside 42" long--1 less item on the bucket list--Capt Albert & Capt Mike--thanks for the memories--these guys are top notch & alot of fun--worth every penny--check them out--you will love it.

Visited February 2013