“Great fishing charter”

Centerport, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great fishing charter”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went out on a morning charter with Capt Mike and First Mate Albert. The OLA was in great shape and very well appointed with an inside lounge and head that the ladies found more than acceptable. Nice fighting chair and equally impressive rods and reels.

During the trip we caught three good sized Wahoo, each at least 30 lbs. We kept half of one for a BBQ and people raved about it.

Mike and Albert were great through out the trip. Looking forward to chartering again with them next year.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Patrick M

Niskayuna, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Ola fishing charter in Orangestad”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have nothing but positive things to say about Ola !!!! My family had never been on a fishing charter before and Capt. Mike and Capt Albert made us feel right at home. My mother in law came with us and has trouble with her legs and they were very accomodating. 10 minutes from shore my son caught his first fish and that was fantastic. We fished for approx 2 hours and the bigger fish stopped biting and the guys switched to more small fish bait to keep us occupied until they found more large fish. Low and behold we found more big fish !!!!! Both Mike and Albert have a great sense of humor and are very easy to get along with. We will use them again. REMEMBER,,,,,,,BIG FISH.......BIG TIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Shawn D
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great fishing trip!!!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We took our daughters and son in law out fishing for 1/2 day had a great time! Captain mike and captain Albert were AWSOME ! They took very good care of us and made sure we had a great time! We caught 6 huge wahoo. They were real fighters and fun to reel in
I highly suggest fishing with Ola!
PS... We grilled the wahoo that night it was best white fish I ever ate!

2 Thank Crnelson
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Big Wahoo”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

On 12-18-12 I had the pleasure of fishing aboard the OLA. I spent a couple of hours walking around the Marina's and the OLA was by far the most well kept and well equipped fishing boat around. It is a 53 Ft. Hatteras in excellent condition. I met both captains, Mike and Albert and they arranged to find another fisherman to join me seeing I was a single. Two days later I left on a half day trip with Albert, Mike, Ken from Pittsburgh. The lines were in the water no more than ten minutes and we were catching Wahoo. These guy's knew where the fish were and how to catch them. We caught several fish with the largest weighing 50 Lbs. Upon returning to the marina we noticed that many of the other boats had been shut out and others only had one fish. Ken and I were offered all the fillets we wanted and they were cut right at the dock. You won't find a more professional and knowledgeable team than Mike and Albert and I will be seeing them again on my next trip to Aruba.

Visited December 2012