“So so jeep tour”

and up
Aruba ATV Tour with Natural Pool Swim
Ranked #41 of 75 Tours in Oranjestad
More attraction details
Owner description: Kini Kini Transfer & Tours is a family operated business since 2004. Since the beginning of Kini Kini we have been providing Aruba's guests with private transportation throughout the island. Private transportation is provided from anywhere from one guest to big groups.
Essex
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“So so jeep tour”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had booked the half day jeep tour on line direct with Kini Kini, we arrived in Aruba port at the agreed meeting point and time but after 45 minutes no one had picked us up. With great thanks to the Aruba tourist information desk they eventually contacted the owner of Kini Kini who initially said he had no record of the booking, eventually he said we had been booked on an afternoon tour, 2 hours late we were picked up and took the tour, the owner did give us a discount for the mistake with our booking but I would not rate the tour, it took us off road along the coast edge but we really did not think it was worth the effort and the guide seemed more intent on frequent breaks for cigarettes for himself than guiding us. In our opinion its an expensive trip and not worth the discomfort of being off road.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Anjef

Jackson, New Jersey
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Took the country tour first time checking out the island. The tour guide and his trainee were very friendly and informed. Would recommend.

Visited January 2013
Haines City
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“FINEST ISLAND TOUR that almost didn't take place.”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My wife and I were to be picked up at the cruise port at 8 AM. At 9:20 we had still not been picked up. A number of telephone calls were made to Kini Kini with no answer! Just as I was about to give up on this pre-paid tour, I asked an employee of a different tour company if I had made a mistake booking the Kini Kini tour, and explained how we had been waiting for well over an hour. He noticed a person driving up in a van that he said worked for Kini Kini. I rushed outside the cruise terminal and explained to the Kini Kini employee that we had been waiting for a long time to be picked up. He had my wife and I get in his van, and he took us to their office. Once there, the woman in charge apologized profusely and said a "former" employee had not "followed through". She then had another employee drive us to the first stop of our tour, where the van we should have been on at 8 was sitting in the parking lot of the Butterfly Farm just about ready to leave. Only one other couple was on that tour. We were given time to take the tour of the Butterfly farm, and then joined the other couple and driver for a wonderful tour of Aruba. The tourist sites of Aruba were included: California Lighthouse, a chapel, the Natural Bridge site, the Bushiriban ruins and rock formations, and an Ostrich Farm.
It was a most enjoyable tour, and our driver was informative and interesting. I even got nibbled by an ostrich! So after a frustrating beginning, the tour was a winner. It was more expensive than any of the other island tours we went on during our 14 night cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank wmiskelly
Orlando, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“average”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

wound up getting a personal tour which we did not want but took anyway--guide was informative but the overall tour was not worth the price

Visited December 2012
Toronto, ON
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing adventure! Highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Before my lengthy review I thought I would share a few tips:

1. Wear disposable clothes, you'll get dirty during the ride and the sand will not entirely wash out.
2. Bring a good pair of wrap around sun glasses or else you'll get sand in your eyes making it difficult to see while driving.
3. Bring a snorkel mask as there are tons of fish to see in the natural pool.
4. If you plan on riding double I wouldn't suggest more than a combined weight of about 300 pounds as I found the ride was a bit snug and at times a bit uncomfortable (together we are 290)
5. Lots of sun screen
6. Go pro camera if you want some really cool shots as you are driving

Now for the lengthy review:

Wow what an adventure! My girlfriend and I chose Kini Kini after reading recommendations from many forums and trip advisor and we were definitely not let down. This was by far the highlight of our trip to Aruba!

A staff member from Kini Kini picked us up from our hotel right on time and stopped at a few hotels to pick up other people on the tour

When we arrived we were greeted by Pancho and he explained everything we'd be doing and seeing.. What a lot of personality this guy had! He showed us to our atvs and gave a quick demo of how to operate them. They were actually pretty fool proof as you had two options; accelerate or brake lol. This was great especially for a beginner like me.

As we started our tour we were happy to see Pancho leading and one of his staff members following behind to ensure none of us got lost!

First stop was Alto vista chapel.... Nothing overly exciting here but the chapel had some history so it was worth taking a couple photos

2nd stop was baby natural bridge. Nice little bridge with some good photo opportunities

3rd stop was the old gold mine. We were able to make some rock formations and were told to make three wishes, mine still haven't come true ;-)

4th stop was the natural pool which was definitely the best stop! We were very lucky and were the only group when we arrived so we had a full 30 minutes to ourselves! As we were leaving we saw about 60 people heading down so I'm really glad we beat the rush!

Unfortunately we ran out of time so we didnt get to see the ayeo rock formations, but I think it was worth it since we had a lot more time at the natural pool.

All in all this was excellent tour and I would highly recommend this to pretty much anyone. Just make sure you're prepared for the bumpy ride :-)