Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show
and up
Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience beautiful composed, orchestrated and arranged music with wonderful romantic lyrics sung by Fred de Jong. Order local food and delicious drinks while watching our Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at The Old Cunucu House Restaurant or ask for Dinner Special Menu. The show takes place every Thursday from 7:30 till 9:30 pm and the Show Ticket is only $15.00 per person (food and drinks not included). For children up to and including 11 years old the Show Ticket is only $7.50 (food and drinks not included). Enjoy an enchanting Sinatra Show featuring Fred de Jong with songs such as "Fly Me To The Moon", "I've Got The World On A String", "I've Got You Under My Skin", "My Way", "New York - New York", "The Way You Look Tonight" and many more… What is an Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show experience like? The show is set at a traditional Aruba restaurant in a separate area with capacity for 40 people divided over about 15 tables. The food is native Aruba cuisine which has been influenced by colonial Spanish, French, and Dutch cuisine and is served in a 150 year old refurbished farm house. The dress is casual evening attire. The restaurants is old style where orders are taken on paper not computers. My goal is to provide our guest with an intimate setting where our guest can relax and interact with me instead of a large impersonal Las Vegas style show room. I have selected beautiful and romantic arrangements that are pre-recorded. This gives the feel of a big band / an orchestra but allows me to offer the show at a much lower cost. I do not try to mimic the commercial recordings of Sinatra but instead offer my interpretation of Franks relaxed and informal live style. The show is about 2 hours which gives you time to order and enjoy your food and drinks during the show without arriving early. The food is coursed over the evening as is typical in European restaurants where dining is an experience not just a meal. I think the music of the great American Songbook is special and worth preserving. Come let me share it with you in a special evening off the strip.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed the entertainment and friendliness of (Frank) Fred DeJong. Before, during and after the show we felt at ease and enjoyed the entire performance. We even danced during the 3rd set. Terrific evening.

Commack, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I love the sinatra's music & I love Fred DeJong....He's got a great personality..sings all my favorite Sinatra songs & he's sooo handsome..love his blue eyes...Loved his show!

1 Thank Victoria7528
Avon, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just got back from Aruba and the Sinatra Dinner show at the Old Cunuco House was one of our highlights. Fred welcomed and talked with us a bit when we walked in and once everyone was seated for dinner he sang some beautiful songs. Not only his voice, but his mannerisms were dead on Sinatra. We had the pleasure of having an ex Frank Sinatra backup singer/piano player having dinner that night and she got up and sang a couple songs too. Had the broiled Grouper which was great with mashed potatoes and vegee's. Along with a bottle of wine, my wife and I had a great time. The room is basically an old original Arubian house and he performed in one of the rooms set up with dinner tables. There weren't a lot of people there the night we attended, so it was a very intimate performance. Fred would introduce the song he was going to sing along with the composer and/or arranger and perhaps give a little background to the song just like the concerts we've seen of Frank on TV. If you're looking for a relaxing evening to sit back with a nice dinner and some great music, I would highly recommend this show. In my opinion it's the best deal on the Island.

3 Thank Glenn P
Wilmington NC
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“What fun!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband is a huge Frank Sinatra fan, and I thought this would be a good addition to our recent trip to Aruba. Fred DeJong met us at the door of the Old Cunuco House and we chatted for a bit. We were then led into a back room of the restaurant and seated for the show. The atmosphere is definitely NOT old Las Vegas or even night club. However, Fred really put on a good show. You can see that he enjoys it as much as the audience, and hams it up appropriately in his impersonation of Sinatra. He sang all the best songs, and does a better than expected job of singing. He interacts with the audience nicely and takes the time to talk with everyone. We would recommend that you go for the show and perhaps stick with wine or drinks. The restaurant reviews were mixed at best, and the night we were there must have been an off night. The consensus of the guests that night concurred that the food was awful, and the service was of the same caliber. But definitely go to see the show!

Visited January 2014
San Diego, California
“Great Show, Better with Larger Audience”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I went to the Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show based on some awesome tripadvisor reviews, and we weren't disappointed. We went to the Old Cunucu House a little early, thinking we would eat dinner before the show. We soon realized that we would be eating when the show was on. However, Fred de Jong, the performer, made us feel comfortable by introducing himself to us and making conversation as others arrived for the show.

As we ordered our food, the other audience members showed up--one table of two. Because we were in Aruba before the holiday rush, we ended up watching the show with this other table. Obviously this made the show more personable and fun, but at the same time, we felt that we could have enjoyed the experience more if we shared it with other audience members.

We loved Fred de Jong and thought he did a great job singing Sinatra, and putting his own spin into the songs. We could tell that he enjoyed performing and it made the whole show enjoyable as well.

Visited December 2013
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your extensive and encouraging review. I am very happy to read you were not dissapointed and you felt comfortable, you love me enjoying the singing and the fact you would like the show to grow more.

Hoping to welcome you back into the show any time soon.

Happy regards,