“A great night out”

and up
Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience beautiful composed, orchestrated and arranged music with wonderful romantic lyrics sung by Fred de Jong. Order local food and delicious drinks while watching our Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at The Old Cunucu House Restaurant or ask for Dinner Special Menu. The show takes place every Thursday from 7:30 till 9:30 pm and the Show Ticket is only $15.00 per person (food and drinks not included). For children up to and including 11 years old the Show Ticket is only $7.50 (food and drinks not included). Enjoy an enchanting Sinatra Show featuring Fred de Jong with songs such as "Fly Me To The Moon", "I've Got The World On A String", "I've Got You Under My Skin", "My Way", "New York - New York", "The Way You Look Tonight" and many more… What is an Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show experience like? The show is set at a traditional Aruba restaurant in a separate area with capacity for 40 people divided over about 15 tables. The food is native Aruba cuisine which has been influenced by colonial Spanish, French, and Dutch cuisine and is served in a 150 year old refurbished farm house. The dress is casual evening attire. The restaurants is old style where orders are taken on paper not computers. My goal is to provide our guest with an intimate setting where our guest can relax and interact with me instead of a large impersonal Las Vegas style show room. I have selected beautiful and romantic arrangements that are pre-recorded. This gives the feel of a big band / an orchestra but allows me to offer the show at a much lower cost. I do not try to mimic the commercial recordings of Sinatra but instead offer my interpretation of Franks relaxed and informal live style. The show is about 2 hours which gives you time to order and enjoy your food and drinks during the show without arriving early. The food is coursed over the evening as is typical in European restaurants where dining is an experience not just a meal. I think the music of the great American Songbook is special and worth preserving. Come let me share it with you in a special evening off the strip.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Toronto, Canada
“A great night out”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

An excellent show. We happened to attend on my birthday and Fred DeJong made it very special. The dinner was excellent. The seafood was wonderful. There were only three couples at the show the night we were there and that made it even more special. Fred took extra time to chat with all of us and made us feel very welcome. He also asked us what we wanted him to sing....our favorites. He did a great job singing one of our Sinatra favorites "My Way". Fred has many Sinatra songs in his repitoire so if your a Sinatra fan this show is for you.

Visited January 2014
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear valued Guest,

Thank very much for attending my show on your birthday and for this nice positive special review.

It is very nice to read about the excellence of the show and dinner and the fact you felt very welcome. And of course I was happy to be at your service with a special request.

Alds thanks for your recommendation.

Thankful regards,

Tampa, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful evening”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My family and I totally enjoyed the Sinatra Dinner Show. This was our second time to attend. Fred DeJong is a wonderful entertainer and a very nice gentleman. The food was outstanding. I certainly recommend this experience.

Visited January 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much to honor me with your second visit to my show and for this very nice review.

I am very pleased you totally enjoyed the Show and about the things you write about the restaurant and me.

Hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards,
Indianapolis, Indiana
“No glitz or glamour just simple dinner and solid entertainment”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Two friends and I attended this show during Christmas week 2013. I had a wonderful time. My dinner was simple but very tasty. The room wasn't very large or fancy but the tables were arranged so that you didn't feel crowded. Before the show Fred DeJong stopped by each table and chatted a bit and between sets he made the rounds also. If you're a Sinatra fan this is a gem of a show because of the number and variety of songs. I would describe the evening I spent there as a lovely casual dining experience with the bonus of a live performer delivering great Sinatra standards right to your table.

Visited December 2013
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your nice and honest review. Indeed the restaurant is not large or fancy, but cozy. This will surely help to adjust future expectations. I am very happy to read that you had a wonderful time, your dinner was tasty and the show is a gem for Sinatra fans. And I love your description of the evening!

The christmas weeks have been more quiet than the rest of the year in both 2012 and 2013.

I sure hope to welcome you into the show any time soon.

All the best,
New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not as I expected”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I am a huge Sinatra fan so had lofty expectations for the show. Man I was totally off. I was expecting a cozy romantic setting with the room dark and lit by candles or something. Instead it was a mom and pop local restaurants back room with weird decor and bright lighting. Not romantic at all. (And the food was not good). It was also weird being the only 4 people in the entire room. Made it a bit uncomfortable
As far as the show, he was actually decent and enjoyed his singing but a change of venue would a required upgrade for me to go again

Visited December 2013
2 Thank JohnDoe22
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I am very sorry we were not able to meet your expectations that evening. We get quite some huge Sinatra fans in the show, and many of them even saw a show by "Frank" himself. Most of them still love my show.

It is not so easy to find a venue where we can provide you with a great show in a Vegas style showroom, especially because Aruba is a tiny small island.

So for the time being I'm trying to do my utmost best to provide my guests with a great show. It's all I can do for the time being.

The restaurant staff and owner are doing their best and if there are any complaints about the restaurant, the only thing I can do is to tell them., but it would be better to tell them yourself. In almost every show they dim the lights and lit candles on the tables and I am really sorry if it was not done that evening.

Most of the time we have between 10 and 40+ people in the house, but reviews can make or break my show.

I am happy you still like my show enough to come back under certain conditions.

San Jose, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must for Frank Sinatra fans...”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I had the pleasure of attending the Sinatra Dinner Show in Aruba during the Summer of 2013. Overall, we had a great time. The venue was intimate and romantic which was perfect for our "date night." If you are a fan of Frank Sinatra, we highly recommend this show. Fred DeJong is highly talented and does a great job at impersonating Sinatra. He was in key and always on beat. I was very impressed that he took the time to introduce himself to all of the guests as they came in and also had a professional photographer email us a group picture with him. If we go back to Aruba, we will definitely attend this show again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cindia D
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Wow, thank you very much for for not forgetting me and post a great review. Especially, because it was some months ago already that you visited the show. I am happy to hear that it was a perfect "date night" for your boyfriend and you and that you had a great time.

It is nice to read all the things you say about the venue and the show and we really appreciate it very much.

Also thank you very much to highly recommend this show and I sure hope to welcome you back in the show again.

Thankful regards,