“Excellent”

and up
Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience beautiful composed, orchestrated and arranged music with wonderful romantic lyrics sung by Fred de Jong. Order local food and delicious drinks while watching our Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at The Old Cunucu House Restaurant or ask for Dinner Special Menu. The show takes place every Thursday from 7:30 till 9:30 pm and the Show Ticket is only $15.00 per person (food and drinks not included). For children up to and including 11 years old the Show Ticket is only $7.50 (food and drinks not included). Enjoy an enchanting Sinatra Show featuring Fred de Jong with songs such as "Fly Me To The Moon", "I've Got The World On A String", "I've Got You Under My Skin", "My Way", "New York - New York", "The Way You Look Tonight" and many more… What is an Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show experience like? The show is set at a traditional Aruba restaurant in a separate area with capacity for 40 people divided over about 15 tables. The food is native Aruba cuisine which has been influenced by colonial Spanish, French, and Dutch cuisine and is served in a 150 year old refurbished farm house. The dress is casual evening attire. The restaurants is old style where orders are taken on paper not computers. My goal is to provide our guest with an intimate setting where our guest can relax and interact with me instead of a large impersonal Las Vegas style show room. I have selected beautiful and romantic arrangements that are pre-recorded. This gives the feel of a big band / an orchestra but allows me to offer the show at a much lower cost. I do not try to mimic the commercial recordings of Sinatra but instead offer my interpretation of Franks relaxed and informal live style. The show is about 2 hours which gives you time to order and enjoy your food and drinks during the show without arriving early. The food is coursed over the evening as is typical in European restaurants where dining is an experience not just a meal. I think the music of the great American Songbook is special and worth preserving. Come let me share it with you in a special evening off the strip.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Frank I mean Fred :-) put on an amazing show. My wife and I had a great time hearing him sing all night long. He was very talented and personable and we enjoyed speaking to him. Highly recommended to anyone that wants to have a fun and relaxing night and be serenaded by Fred. We will definitely visit him again next time we are in Aruba.

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your great review and for calling my show amazing and the personal compliments about my singing, talent and being personable.

Also thank you very much for highly recommending the show to others.

I definitely hope to see you back in the show as my guest anytime soon.

Musical regards,

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was a very enjoyable dinner show. The service was good at the Cunucu house and Fred DeJonge was great as Frank Sinatra. We plan to visit next year and see him again!

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear guest,

I am very happy to hear that your night was enjoyable and the service in the restaurant was good.
I hope to see you back in the show any time soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We enjoyed Fred's Sinatra show, he does all the favorite songs mixed with some lesser known ones. He is engaging with the audience. This is a unique experience for Aruba. What my husband and I did not care for was the extremely slow and unattentive service at the Cunucu house restaurant. It took us nearly 15 min to get glasses of water and bread was not given for nearly 40 min (as I was 25wks pregnant that was not fun). Food service continued to be slow throughout the entire meal/show. The food was decent. The restaurant does have a lot of character as it was a farm house, we just wish the service lived up to the Sinatra show.

1  Thank Junebug1980
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear guest,

My deepest apologies for your restaurant experience and thank you for your kind words about the show. It was very nice that you attended our show with your mistery guest. He or she already enjoyed all the Sinatra songs before being born :)

Thanks for your feedback both the ones for improvement and the positive ones.

I hope to see you beck one time in better culinary circumstances and with a newly born baby.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Mr DeJonge provides a solid alternative to the usual island night activities. Friendly, intimate atmosphere and quality singing. Don't expect American Idol, but, hey for 15 bucks you can't go wrong. One small suggestion , lower volume slightly, too much for small room. Thanks for a good night Fred!

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review. It is nice to read your kind words about the solidness, atmosphere and quality of the show and the singing. Also thank you for relativate the quality with the price.

Also thank you for your suggestion. If there is something I can improve in the show, I will at least give it a try.

Thanks again and I hope to see you again next time you visit Aruba.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Fred De Jong does a great job singing a long series of Sinatra songs, with a few by Buble and Connick thrown in to round it out. We bought our tickets online in advance, and dutifully showed up early for supper before the show.
Sadly, the dinner portion was mediocre and the service shoddy, but the show was fantastic and made up for the lacklustre meal.
Fred knows all the old Sinatra tunes and his booming baritone voice does a wonderful job bringing us back to the olden days.
Thanks for a great Sinatra evening!

FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your loving words about the show and my deepest apologies for any inconvenience on behalf of the restaurant. The restaurant is in the process of restructuring their organization and the management and staff are doing their utmost best to improve what needs to be improved. Last Thursday I felt a lot of love in one room and reviews like this one are a reflection of that love. And loving also means to be honest about your opinion and I am sure if you didn't care about the show you wouldn't take this effort to tell us. My intentions are to become the best possible Dinner Show we can become and I still have faith in the loving team from the restaurant to accomplish great things.

I'd like to thank you once again and I hope to see you back soon in better culinary circumstances.

In loving appreciation,