“great show - you will hear all your favorites”

Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show
Book In Advance
More Info
$15.00*
and up
Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience beautiful composed, orchestrated and arranged music with wonderful romantic lyrics sung by Fred de Jong. Order local food and delicious drinks while watching our Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at The Old Cunucu House Restaurant or ask for Dinner Special Menu. The show takes place every Thursday from 7:30 till 9:30 pm and the Show Ticket is only $15.00 per person (food and drinks not included). For children up to and including 11 years old the Show Ticket is only $7.50 (food and drinks not included). Enjoy an enchanting Sinatra Show featuring Fred de Jong with songs such as "Fly Me To The Moon", "I've Got The World On A String", "I've Got You Under My Skin", "My Way", "New York - New York", "The Way You Look Tonight" and many more… What is an Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show experience like? The show is set at a traditional Aruba restaurant in a separate area with capacity for 40 people divided over about 15 tables. The food is native Aruba cuisine which has been influenced by colonial Spanish, French, and Dutch cuisine and is served in a 150 year old refurbished farm house. The dress is casual evening attire. The restaurants is old style where orders are taken on paper not computers. My goal is to provide our guest with an intimate setting where our guest can relax and interact with me instead of a large impersonal Las Vegas style show room. I have selected beautiful and romantic arrangements that are pre-recorded. This gives the feel of a big band / an orchestra but allows me to offer the show at a much lower cost. I do not try to mimic the commercial recordings of Sinatra but instead offer my interpretation of Franks relaxed and informal live style. The show is about 2 hours which gives you time to order and enjoy your food and drinks during the show without arriving early. The food is coursed over the evening as is typical in European restaurants where dining is an experience not just a meal. I think the music of the great American Songbook is special and worth preserving. Come let me share it with you in a special evening off the strip.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed February 27, 2013

enjoy my trip to aruba & most of all the DeYoung's Sinatra Show. the show was very professional and a great value. $ 15 for 2 1/2 hour show (3 breaks). the dinner menu offered local cuisine, I had the special (sheddred chicken casserole) which was flavorable. don't miss out on this show.

1  Thank skhines97
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for putting our show on the top of your list of things you enjoyed during your stay on Aruba. Indeed my name "de Jong" is the translation in Dutch for "The Young". I am also happy to hear you found the show professional and valuable. We try to keep the show as accessible as possible.

I also want to thank you very much for praising the restaurant's local cuisine and to recommend our show.

I hope to see you again in the show next year.

Best regards,

in 90 reviews
"interact"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I'm a HUGE Sinatra fan and am so sorry we didn't know about the show while we were in Aruba in January. Judging by all the reviews, we missed a wonderful evening with "Mr. Fred". This will be a must see on our next visit to Aruba. Are the shows performed every week? Never saw an ad in any of the daily papers about the Sinatra show. Signed: Disappointed

1  Thank 333alice333
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Dear Sinatra fan,

I am very sorry you missed the show in January 2013 and I hope to be able to give you a warm welcome on your next visit to Aruba. The shows are being performed weekly on Thursdays and you can always find a schedule for upcoming events via my web-site. Till now we didn't advertise in the daily papers, but we might try it in the near future.

Compassionate regards,

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We watched Mr. Fred (Frank) on January 10th, 2013. It was a superb moment that nobody in Aruba should miss. My wife, even not knowing about the "Sinatra part of the dinner" until the show started, immediately noticed Mr. Frank Sinatra (Mr. de Jong) at the restaurant when we arrived. The performance was amazing, the singer could keep his tone for the entire evening, really sounding like the real Sinatra! After the show Mr. de Jong posted photos to his Facebook account, and we proudly discovered that we were the first Brazilian guests to his show!! Thank you Mr Fred for your great idea to the island and, by consequence, to our great vacation! Arthur Mombach & Aline Mombach

2  Thank ArthurMombach
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear first guests from Brasil,

Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review. It was really fun the way you surprised your wife with the Dinner Show and how she recognized me as Frank Sinatra as I stepped into the showroom. To sing a beautiful Brazilian bossa nova from Antonio Carlos Jobim was extra special for me now. Thank you very much for praising my performance, the way I sing and how it sounds and I am happy to hear you were as proud as I was. Thank you very much for attending the show and I hope to see you back soon!

Happy greetings,

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We had a great time with my 88 year old mother.
She enjoyed all the songs immensely and brought back good memories
good food with a local touch too in an original old Aruban house

2  Thank Marcel N
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear guests,

I was very happy your mother enjoyed the show so much! On the picture she looks a bit serious, but she laughed a lot and sang a long with the songs that evening.

Thank you very much for attending the show and I hope to see you back in the show any time soon for another memorable evening with your mother and your family.

Enjoyable greetings,

See more reviews
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Restaurant staff made us feel welcome along with a personal greeting from our performer, Fred de Jong. His tribute to Sinatra is sincere, from the heart and very well done. Fred performed a large number of Frank's hits and allowed the "Sinatra style" to come through without trying to embelish the music. I think Sinatra would have been well pleased with his performance!

3  Thank Jim R
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this short but great review. The fact that you say you felt welcome, the sincere tribute from the heart and well done, says a lot and mean much to me. And indeed I try to keep the style as is a much as possible. And Iove to to think that Sinatra would have been well pleased with his performance, but we will never know!

I hope to see you back in the show soon with some more surprises and may be different songs for you.

Musical greetings,