“Butterfly Farm - AMAZING - a tranquility place for mind and soul...”
Review of Butterfly Farm

Butterfly Farm
Ranked #1 of 83 things to do in Oranjestad
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A place that suits everyone - young or old..

The staff offers guided tours where they explain the life cycle through all stages.
From egg - caterpillar - chrysalis to the finished, glorious, living art of Mother Nature.

Here one can sit down and listen to soothing music or trickling water while watching lots of spectacular and colorful butterflies, or one can look around and use the opportunity to capture some of these beaties in photographs.

Early in the morning there is a possibility to catch a butterfly birth.

In the afternoon some of the butterflies have become drunk after drinking nectar from fruits all day, so quite a few of them are lying around on the ground.

Admission is paid once, and the ticket is stamped valid for as long as you are staying.

As my son and myself stayed quite close to the farm, we came back two more times, and enjoyed it just as much every time we came :)
The last time we even brought a new friend (from the US) we'd made in Aruba

We hope to get the chance to visit Auba again some day, and will then defenetly og back to the Butterfly Farm too...

Stay as long as you like

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We've been to Aruba many times, and every time we visit we go to the Butterfly Farm at least twice! It's fun for the kids and for us, and you never know what rare Butterfly you might get to see. It's a convenient location from the Palm and Eagle Beach area, it's a little pricy to get in BUT when you pay once you can come back as many times as you want during your trip so it makes it worth it, especially if you go at least twice.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I am not sure I would rave about this place so much if I didn't have young kids, but we have been going for 4 years now and my children just LOVE this place. The owners now recognize us and give us a cheery hello, and we always try to go first thing in the morning so we can see the newest butterflies being born. On our last visit we walked over to one of the little 'hatcheries' that they have set up and a newborn butterfly flew out and landed right on my 5-year-old and stayed there for like 10 minutes. She was in completely heaven!!!

One of the things I like so much about this place is the fact that they give you a pass that is good for your entire stay - so you can come back over and over and just stay for a little while at a time. It is not a huge place, and it can get hot as the day goes on, but I think this place delivers where it counts.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was a good one. Right across the street from the Phoenix, where we were staying. I do agree that $15 was high for the fee to see it, but it was a nice experience. Such beautiful butterflies and moths and gorgeous plants and greenery! And we did learn a few things about the life span of butterflies and moths, which was why we went!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Not my thing. People really enjoyed it. My granddaughter did it I didn't. Not too many butterflies. Wouldn't go back.