“Beautiful butterflies”
Review of The Butterfly Farm

The Butterfly Farm
Ranked #1 of 83 things to do in Oranjestad
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Bring your cameras and enjoy the beautiful butterflies surrounding you. Pay once and visit as many times during your stay in Aruba!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,161)

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We went with our granddaughter, age 13, and she was blown away by these butterflies. It is a great value and an education. A must when visiting Aruba!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We loved the Butterfly Farm. Staying at the Westin Resort and Casino, this attraction is a five minute walk at most from the hotel. The ticket allows you to go back during your entire stay, so go your first day and go back again! Our first visit was in the afternoon. It was hot and humid. We saw butterflies and loved it, but we were told that the butterflies were more active in the morning. We went back at 8am the next day, and boy were they right! The activity was amazing in the morning. I have no idea how long we spent in the habitat chasing butterflies trying to get the best pictures possible of these fluttering creatures. Hours, I am sure. It is a very relaxing place with a Koi pond and some relaxation music playing. The staff was extremely friendly. Our tour guide, Charissa, was very knowledgeable. No one batted an eyelash at my husband who brought his coffee and book in and sat down while I ran around snapping pictures right and left. Even after our tour was over, I could ask the staff questions, and they were more than happy to answer them. $15.00 did seem a little expensive for those who would simply walk through, but if you like butterflies or if you plan to go more than once, the price isn’t so bad considering that everything is a bit more expensive in Aruba.

1  Thank dleighb
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Your fee gets you in for the entire time you're visiting the island! We went back a couple times. What a gem! The butterflies are simply gorgeous! They have great displays and a cute little gift shop. If you or your loved one enjoys butterflies, this is it! I've been to butterfly gardens in three different countries on three different continents, and this one is amazing because of the variety they are allowed to have since they're ruled by the Dutch. American butterfly farms don't have Morphos! Enough said.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Wow, this place was just magical - so many beautiful butterflies! The guides were wonderful and well versed. The gift shop has so many beautiful things in it, that I had a hard time leaving :) I will definitely be coming back!