“Hidden Gem of a buffet”
Review of Aquarius

Aquarius
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquarius is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 238 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Light woods, stainless steel and soothing blues add detail to the contemporary atmosphere of Aquarius. This restaurant features an amazing array of choices with a Caribbean flair including some wonderful seafood specialties.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We don't do buffets. My wife despises them. Views them as bad food induced gluttony.

We hit this one up on our last trip to Aruba 2 years ago on the coaxing of my parents. It was so stinkin' good, my wife put it second on her 'must-eat-list' for this years trip (behind El Gaucho).

Don't mess around with the bread sticks, salad, or some of the dinky hot dishes. Go over to the chef guy and have him hook you up with some fresh wahoo/tuna/dolphin/lobster/scallops/shrimp. You name it. Friendly guy, good food. Gotta love seeing your meat before its cooked, and he does it on the spot, how you want it. I asked for seared wahoo (like most people get the tuna). He didn't balk like I expected, and served it up perfectly.

It's pricey ($40), but come on..it's fresh seafood on a buffet.

1  Thank PboroBill

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Cuban rum is the best which makes for an excellent mojito. The soups were excellent. Stay with the Cuban choices on dinner.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Well stocked buffet with fish, beef, shellfish, salads, appetizers, desserts....should I go on....never experienced such a variety of item. The breakfast buffet, as well.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I did not enjoy the seafood buffet. The food didn't seem fresh and it was not worth the cost. I waited in a long line for a lobster tail that was cooked with no effort or taste.

1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed January 18, 2014

buffet for usd 20 is ok. Choises between fish, chicken meat and lots of salads. Every time I go the selection of food get smaler.
My waitress did not good. I needed to ask her 2 times to fill up our water glasses while her station was not busy. 2 Times we came back from the buffet and our dirty plates were still on the table. She was more busy with paperwork then taking care of her guests.