“Wonderful, welcoming, and warm.”

A1 Apartments Aruba
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful, welcoming, and warm.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

I arrived in Aruba alone. Stanley was kind enough to pick me up at the airport and as soon as I arrived, Ingrid came to the room to introduce herself to me. They are such wonderful and kind people and really made my stay great. The room was comfortable, and Ingrid made sure I had anything I needed. The apartments were about 15 minutes from the airport, and 5 minutes from the cruise port, where I was going the following morning. Stanley drove me to the cruise port as well. Highly recommend if you are looking for a warm family and true feel for Aruba!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mbt1711

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tampere, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

Me and my brother stayed in Aruba for two weeks in October-November 2011. Initially we thought that the accommodation would cost us a lot. However when we found out about A1 apartments offering such low prices / night we right away decided to stay there. Because of the low price we didn't have much much expectations about the quality of the place. When we arrived to Aruba our host Stanley was waiting to pick us up at the airport which was great and gave us good first impression! The apartment we stayed in was very clean and roomy with a fully equipped kitchen, air conditioning, tv, wireless internet, bathroom with shover and two beds. It was almost like staying in a great quality hotel! We stayed in the Windy Hills apartment (which is around in the middle of the island in an area called Sero Biento), so the beaches weren't really in walking distance. However our host Stanley had offered us one of his cars for rent without any extra charge so we had the opportunity to drive around for two weeks and see the whole island. And even without a car traveling in Aruba is easy because of the continuous flow of cheap shuttle buses.There live plenty of local people in the Windy Hills area so it was really peaceful and quiet. I personally loved living in the rural area instead of the tourist traps near the beaches. This way we could experience the local way of living and still go to the beaches every day. Hands down the most amazing thing about this accommodation is the hospitality of the hosts! Stanley would make sure we had everything we needed (for example he provided us European style electric plugin adapter which we were missing). We also got a map of Aruba and a cellphone from him which we could use to call him if we ever needed anything. Everything without any extra charge. All in all we were truly amazed by the great quality of the accommodation and the hospitality of these generous and friendly people. If I ever get a chance to return to Aruba I will certainly choose A1 Apartments again. I can recommend this accommodation to anyone who wants to experience the local culture and the amazing nature of Aruba and still stay on low budget. Thank you so much Stanley & Ingrid!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank RiikoK
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stanley and Ingrid are simply the best. Their hospitality and care that they put into making your Aruba expirence enjoyable is something that the resorts and hotels can't match. They are located 5 minutes from town making shopping convenient and easy.
If you need to rent a car, tour the island or get good advice A1 Apartments are the place to be.

Room Tip: We stayed in Apartment A - clean, spacious, quite and roomy.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert J
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Geat place to stay for those who would rather enjoy the island than watch TV in a hotel room. Staying here is like living on the island: the showers use island water (the sun warms it) and the small in-room air conditioning units are a welcome respite after a hot day. While the rooms are modest - with small kitchens and temperamental TVs, I am so glad I stayed here because I toured the island so much more. When I stayed at a hotel, the creature comforts kept me inside - watching TV. Come on, it's Aruba; get out there!

Location can be one issue since it's located in a residential area with street parking. At night, it's a short walk to the main street - one I can't recommend as very safe. However, if you're staying in at night or have a car, you should be fine.

The owners of the place are great - nice and accommodating. They have a laundry service and can pick up/drop off at the airport for a small fee. Best tip: just ask for help. They helped me rent snorkel gear on the island and gave me tips on where to dive. Basically, I became a part of their family for a week. And I was lucky enough to arrive during their anniversary celebration so the room rate and wireless fee was discounted. Thanks, Stanley and Ingrid!

• Stayed November 2010
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

This trip was the third time I stayed at the A-1Apartments. Its the place to stay if you want that down home hospitality that Stanley and Ingrid ,offers as soon as you get off the plane.Its at a good price.we stayed in the same room ,that offers the comfort of living in your own place.Its quiet and cozy,you dont have to deal with the hustle and bustles of that tourist mentality. Coming from the states NYC, you want to be at the A-1 apartments
You can also have a great down home Arubian cooked meals right from the kitchen of Mrs. Ingrid, the best eating you can get at a very good price.The location in right in the middle of down town and easy access to anywhere you want to go. enjoy A-1 Apartment your next visit.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
sao paulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

Hi

I really enjoyed my 3 nights stay at Stan's and Ingrid's place, they are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Stan offered to pick me up from the airport for free on my arrival, which I appreciated. The place is clean, safe, quiet, comfortable and just 5 minutes walk to town and bus station, very convenient to explore the best beaches without a car, for restaurants, some nightlife and shopping. You can even cook if you want, as the apartment is all equipped. And all for a reasonable price, considering that Aruba is an expensive island.

I recommend the place for the convenience, price, cleanliness and friendliness. You won't regret !

Thanks, Stan & Ingrid !

Suzi

Room Tip: Ask for the small apartment, as is cheaper.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank suziSaoPaulo
Townsend, mA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

Once again stayed at A-1. Stan & Igrid the owners are such pleasant host. We had a 3 night stay after the Surf Club. My spouse has medical issues and Stan always is so accomodating for his issues.We really loved the outside patio to hang out on. I no longer look anywhere else for my extra time in Aruba!!! I tell my friend to stay here as well & they have.
Location is 5 blocks or so from downtown, so can walk out to go to dinner & shops & beach.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aruba1050
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club
MVC Eagle Beach
MVC Eagle Beach
#6 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,148 reviews

Been to A1 Apartments Aruba? Share your experiences!