“Good food/good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Islander Grill

Islander Grill
Ranked #44 of 222 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Illinois
“Good food/good price”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We got our food to go so we could eat on our balcony. We had nachos with chicken, bbq ribs, bbq chicken and a quesadilla. They were all good. A good option if you don't want to leave the resort. Nothing fancy.

• Visited June 2014

Crowley, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Resort restaurant”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The service was very poor. The staff did not acknowledge us standing at the entrance waiting to be seated for about 10-15 minutes. The food was good but bland. Not once did our waitress smile.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank darlenedupont
Roanoke, Texas
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

After checking in at the LaCabana Resort in Aruba, we went down to the Islander Grill for dinner. We had been up since 2am and just wanted to eat and go back to our room and go to bed. They have two doors. If you go into the wrong door, they will simply ignore you until you walk over to the right door. Once seated it took nearly 20 minutes for the waitress to take our order. She seemed nice enough, but she was certainly in no hurry. After ordering the food came pretty quick. My $11 burger was ok, but I would probably have a better burger at McDonald's (and I am not a McDonald's fan). After eating the waitress was nowhere to be found. After about 10 minutes (just sitting there watching for the waitress) she comes by. I waved for her, she acknowledged me and then continued to do everything but bring my check. I finally went over to her work station and told here we need our check. Once again, she proceeded to do everything but bring me my check. After another 10 minutes I went to the cash register and told the cashier what we had. She then went to the waitress and got our check. We were there a total of 1 hour 20 minutes for burgers and salads. 1 hour of that was waiting for our waitress. Will not go back, ever!!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Douglas S
Erial, New Jersey
“Great Food at a Reasonable Price!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had this restaurant called to our attention by a couple staying at the Tropicana with us. They said they had eaten there several times and enjoyed it each time. My wife ordered the steak and shrimp and I ordered the Sunday special prime rib. Both were excellent. A garden salad was served first accompanied by a great blue cheese dressing. The steak was a tenderloin and my wife ordered rice and mixed vegetables. My prime rib was accompanied by a jus, baked potato and the mixed vegetables which were a combo of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. The meats were served as ordered and the veggies were not overdone. The only negative was the lack of beverage service, apparently they expected you to get anything other than water from the adjacent bar a LaCabana. We will return!

• Visited June 2014
Longwood, Florida
“enjoy the prime rib and ribs specials”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Because we received a gift card for the restaurants, got to sample several dinner meals.

The prime rib dinner and the all you can eat ribs buffet were good. No hesitation about offering additional servings of ribs, but not the bake beans and cole slaw which were served in xx small plastic cups. The chicken oriental salad was very good and the serving size was enough to share. While service was slow during some dinners, the staff were pleasant.

• Visited May 2014