“On the pool deck at LaCabana...”
Review of Islander Grill

Islander Grill
Ranked #43 of 222 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago
“On the pool deck at LaCabana...”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

If you stay at LaCabana, you're going to have lunch or dinner here. For awhile, they were not open for dinner but the last time I was there it was. Lunches might be burgers, dogs, chicken, salads, seafood, etc. People might be in shorts or bathing suits, etc. and it's not flashy... it's just a place for a quick lunch and the food is consistently good.

• Visited February 2013

Southwest Gulf Coast, Florida
“Disappointed in "Sunday Special"”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Prime Rib is one of my favorites but I was less than thrilled at this restaurant so conveniently located at La Cabana Resort. It was rather thin and chewy in spots although it tasted fine. The baked potato was not able to be mashed with my fork; had to cut it up with my knife. Veggies were perfect, julienne and not overcooked. I do hope our experience was an exception since this is a VERY popular special. The place was jammed and there was quite a wait for those without a reservation. Also note that the pool bar is located nearby; ask for a table on the other side of the restaurant if you want more quiet.

• Visited January 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Better than it used to be”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stay at LaCabana so it's convenient to grab a bite at the Islander Grill. On our visit last year the food was terrible. We were hesitant to order food from there this trip.We were pleasantly surprised! The food has greatly improved. I had the grilled Mahi mahi for dinner. It was very tasty! I highly recommend the grouper sandwich for lunch! Breakfast is always good. I prefer the menu items to the buffet they used to have.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Michele I
High Point, North Carolina
“Decent Breakfast buffet”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

My husband and I ate here for breakfast on our last day. They did not offer any non-pork breakfast alternatives (turkey sausage/bacon, steak, chicken, etc.). Although unfortunate, this seemed to be the trend amongst many restaurants serving breakfast. The price was reasonable ($14.50 per person) and the buffet included french toast, pancakes, pastries, bagels, toast, english muffins, omlette station, cereal, juice, potatoes, boiled eggs, salmon, bacon, sausage, and fruit.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jokena I
Kissimmee, Florida
“Good dinner, desserts are uneventful”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Good dinner, good service but no airflow. Very uncomfortable. Desserts are bland and tasteless, at least they were the day we were there. We went for Thanksgiving dinner. Great turkey, stuffing & gravy.

Visited December 2013