All reviews time share la cabana tiki bar restaurant royal holiday pool area pools and hot tubs quiet resort bar closes full kitchen chalet suisse happy hour grocery store directly across the street one bedroom unit living room timeshare exchange high rise
Reviewed February 12, 2005

I have not seen anybody who has given this place a good review talk about the rooms. I believe the reason why noone talks about the rooms is because they are run down, mold infested and beat up. The people at Paradise were very nice and helpful. But I must say the building itself is filthy especially the rear building which in my opinion should be torn down.
If I were only grading the people and the peacefulness I would have given this place a 5 star rating. Unfortunately I would have rather slept outside than in one of these disgusting units. Too bad it rained at night.

30  Thank Navigator32299
Reviewed February 9, 2005

My family and I have been going to the paradise for 4 years now and of those 4 years -- we have zero complaints!!! PBV is the perfect place to get away and relax with a great location and beautiful beach. The people staying there are so friendly and kind.. and everyone we've ever brought with us, wants to go back... PBV - keep up the good work and we'll continue to arrive year after year..

25  Thank Flyer20041
Reviewed January 31, 2005

We just arrived home from our two week stay at Paradise Beach Villas. We are counting the days till we can return next January. Their staff are very helpful and friendly beyond words. If you don't like to feel like a number and hate the loud and crowded scene, then this is the place for you. You have your personal space around the pool and at the beach. Monday nights are a blast, as it is the BBQ get together at the poolside for steel drum band and limbo/fire eating dancer. We took our kids this year and they said we didn't tell them how awsome it was going to be. They loved it. Aruba is one happy island especially when you are at Paradise Beach Villas. P.S. If you get your hair braided, be prepared it takes 3 to 4 hours.

Date of stay: January 2005
14  Thank proverbs31dawnbiggs
Reviewed January 20, 2005

I would have given a zero rating, but the people we met were too nice. The first nite of our stay we got robbed in our room while we slept. As far as the resort goes our first impression of the place started out less than stellar, the buildings are all pink, not that I mind pink, but it's just a bit too much pink. The first set of hallways we walked down smelled very badly of mold, the carpets were ripped up and dirty, the vending machines were beat up. When we finally got to our room after walking for about 1/4 mile, we opened the doors to see a set-up from the 1970's, from the kitchen stove that had rust holes to the pink tub with mold around it that didn't drain when you showered. After complaining to the staff they reluctantly moved us to the front building, which was built in the late 1990's. Anyone that gives the Paradise Villas a good rating had to have stayed in these units since they are in much better shape and don't wreak of mold, we actually liked our unit except for the floors which are like an ice skating rink, do to the humidity and lack of a dehumidifier. As far as the staff and security, they blamed everyone but themselves for someone climbing up the balcony and breaking into our room while we slept, they said we should have had the money in the safe. But unfortunately our safe did not work. As far as the 4 security guards well when I went downstairs the next night after midnight they were all hanging out in the lobby sipping coffee. The staff was absolutely no help after the robbery, I wanted to call the USA to cancell my ATM and the lady at the front desk said she couldn't help me, she told me to go to the pay phone around the corner, which I went to but it didn't work. Also don't ever get robbed in Aruba on a Sunday like we did, because the police station is closed on Sundays.
By the way if the robber ever reads this, you missed the 21 $100 bills right underneath my wallet. Thank You!

31  Thank robert J
Reviewed December 21, 2004

Our group of 4, 2 couples just came back from staying at Paradise Beach Villas in Aruba. This is a wonderful place for couples or families. The resort has 2 beautiful pools, 2 hot tubs, a bar and 2 restaurants. It is located a stones throw across the street from Eagle Beach which to us is the nicest and most uncrowded beach in Aruba. There was maid service every day and the staff was very friendly and maintenance was there as soon as you called. There is a pc in the front office that can be used for e-mail retrieval from home or work. This is our 7th time in Aruba and we have stayed at 5 other locations both low rise and high rise but it is our intention to return to Paradise Beach Villas on our next visit.

22  Thank Tour37880