“Go diving - be happy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Happy Divers Aruba

Happy Divers Aruba
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Happy Divers Aruba!Aruba, known for its beautiful waters and marine life, offers some of the best dive spots in the world.scuba diving in aruba, dutch caribbeanWhether you just want to try diving once, you want to become a qualified diver or you already are a certified diver and you just want to continue diving... Aruba is a great place for all of that and Happy Divers Aruba can offer you the personal attention and quality to make your dive experience in Aruba a great one!Happy Divers Aruba prides itself in offering that personal attention that other dive companies often forget. Tell us what you want to get out of your dive experience in Aruba and we make sure you will get the amount of attention you need!We only dive in small groups and can even offer private dives at no additional charge!We offer the following dive courses: Discover Scuba Diving (DSD): a first try dive for anyone who wants an introduction to scuba diving or isn't certified (yet). Open Water Diver Advanced Open Water Diver Rescue Diver + Emergency First Response Divemaster Dive specialties on request. Happy Divers Aruba offers dive courses from PADI (Professional Association of Dive Instructors).English and Dutch is spoken.Don't wait and become a HAPPY DIVER!Contact us for more information or to book your dive trips & courses
Montreal, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Go diving - be happy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

During our cruise stop in Aruba, we wanted to go diving and eschewed the cruise cattle boat excursion for a private dive op. We chose Happy Divers Aruba based on the excellent Trip Advisor reviews.

Jeffrey responded promptly to all emails and had our needed equipment ready in his van when he picked us up streetside at the end of the pier. Everything fit and was comfortable.

Because he was training a new diver, we dove with Nadine instead, who met us at the dive sites. We dove Mangel Halto and the Hole in the Wall (shore dives). Although the visibility was less than normal at 50 feet (full moon spawning issues), we were amazed by the non-stop schools of fish. We saw plenty of eels as well. Nadine took lots of pictures for us (included in price) and Jeffrey emailed us those along with ones that he took on his dives. Excellent shots.

Jeffrey provided some good tips on buying equipment and helped me out with my mask issues. I also appreciated that we could pay by credit card (he has a mobile machine).

Some of the diving beaches are pebbly with some sharpish coral bits (read: OUCH for the feet), so next time I will be bringing scuba boots. (Ditto for Curaçao & Bonaire).

I highly recommend Happy Divers Aruba. Jeffrey and Nadine were great. A fantastic boutique dive op.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank bobbygirl

Chesterfield, Massachusetts, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Easy arrangement off cruise ship, personal attention, nice dive sites.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Jeff was super easy to communicate with via email and quick to respond. He helped immensely with our PADI certification. He picked us up promptly at the cruise terminal. The diving equipment was all very nice, current and in good working condition. Nadine was our actual dive guide--she was patient, friendly and understanding. Our first dive took us to a wreck where Nadine took some pictures of us. The wreck was just 'ok'. It was a slope dive and to be totally fair we were paying more attention to our equipment, buoyancy and the 'newness' of it all to really enjoy this dive. The second dive took us to the Mangel Halto reef---that was a beautiful dive. We really enjoyed the coral, fish and we were a bit more relaxed on this dive. Water and snacks were offered after the dives. To be a more 'helpful' review here's some additional information or suggestions....a picture of the van that we're being picked up in, or a picture of the spot where we should stand to get picked up would be helpful. As the customer you should have your mask and snorkel--everything else is provided. If you get cold easily (like I do) you should probably ask Jeff if he has a full length wet suit you can use. The pick-up and drop-off are included in the dive price. There's no bathroom at the site we went to. You'll walk down a board walk with no shoes--not a big deal, but bring slip on shoes if you have tender feet. You can leave your personal items in the van--but don't bring valuables. Jeff emails you a link for all of your pictures....it's a really great operation. If you're in Aruba and looking for a nice dive operation I would certainly recommend HAPPY DIVERS!

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“First Dive Ever & An Amazing Underwater Adventure!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

This dive was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. Jeffrey was absolutely wonderful. I was a bit nervous because we didn't have any phone access, but he was so responsive and accessible via email and made sure that we had all the information/ details squared away before our dive. Because it was our first dive ever there was a lot to be afraid of but Jeff was so reassuring and cool about everything that the entire dive was more magical than scary. He went through all the steps to a safe dive and always checked in with us while underwater. I was even more impressed with his knowledge of all the marine life that we encountered. Overall, I would just like to recommend this experience with Jeff of Happy Divers Aruba to any and everyone planning a trip to Aruba and say thank you so much for the amazing underwater experience.

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SWEET”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

My first time scuba diving. Jeff was very nice and made me very comfortable diving for my first time. It was an amazing experience.

Thank you!

1 Thank dom s
Skaneateles, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Prior to traveling to Aruba I did a bit of research on the diving companies and thankfully decided on Happy Divers. It was an excellent choice and they did not disappoint. I was drawn to them by the indication that they dove in small groups as I had not been diving in a year. Jeffery picked up my wife and me at our hotel right on time and took us directly to the beach dive sites Mangel Molto and then Pos Chiquito. There we met another diver doing an introductory dive and Ed who would be my guide. It was just what I was looking forward to, a very relaxed experience. As Ed and I started our decent, Ed could tell that I was a bit apprehensive and totally put me at ease getting me to relax prior to continuing the dive. Any nervousness quickly went away and I really enjoyed the dive and took in all there was to see and explore. Ed and Jeffrey were very professional and I felt very confident in their abilities. Ed took the time to do a pre-dive briefing explaining what we might see and our basic route. Having dived with one of the larger dive companies on a previous trip I really appreciated this hands on interaction with the guide and my one on one experience. Ed had an underwater camera that he used on both dives, within 24-36 hours I was emailed a link to a file sharing site with over 90 pictures from my trip, at no additional cost! I would definitely recommend Happy Divers to any level diver, I'm confident they will customize the trip to your needs and comfort level. I look forward to diving with them again!

1 Thank Steve L