“First Dive Ever & An Amazing Underwater Adventure!!!!!”
Review of Happy Divers Aruba

Happy Divers Aruba
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Happy Divers Aruba!Aruba, known for its beautiful waters and marine life, offers some of the best dive spots in the world.scuba diving in aruba, dutch caribbeanWhether you just want to try diving once, you want to become a qualified diver or you already are a certified diver and you just want to continue diving... Aruba is a great place for all of that and Happy Divers Aruba can offer you the personal attention and quality to make your dive experience in Aruba a great one!Happy Divers Aruba prides itself in offering that personal attention that other dive companies often forget. Tell us what you want to get out of your dive experience in Aruba and we make sure you will get the amount of attention you need!We only dive in small groups and can even offer private dives at no additional charge!We offer the following dive courses: Discover Scuba Diving (DSD): a first try dive for anyone who wants an introduction to scuba diving or isn't certified (yet). Open Water Diver Advanced Open Water Diver Rescue Diver + Emergency First Response Divemaster Dive specialties on request. Happy Divers Aruba offers dive courses from PADI (Professional Association of Dive Instructors).English and Dutch is spoken.Don't wait and become a HAPPY DIVER!Contact us for more information or to book your dive trips & courses
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This dive was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. Jeffrey was absolutely wonderful. I was a bit nervous because we didn't have any phone access, but he was so responsive and accessible via email and made sure that we had all the information/ details squared away before our dive. Because it was our first dive ever there was a lot to be afraid of but Jeff was so reassuring and cool about everything that the entire dive was more magical than scary. He went through all the steps to a safe dive and always checked in with us while underwater. I was even more impressed with his knowledge of all the marine life that we encountered. Overall, I would just like to recommend this experience with Jeff of Happy Divers Aruba to any and everyone planning a trip to Aruba and say thank you so much for the amazing underwater experience.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"dive group"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My first time scuba diving. Jeff was very nice and made me very comfortable diving for my first time. It was an amazing experience.

Thank you!

1  Thank dom s
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Prior to traveling to Aruba I did a bit of research on the diving companies and thankfully decided on Happy Divers. It was an excellent choice and they did not disappoint. I was drawn to them by the indication that they dove in small groups as I had not been diving in a year. Jeffery picked up my wife and me at our hotel right on time and took us directly to the beach dive sites Mangel Molto and then Pos Chiquito. There we met another diver doing an introductory dive and Ed who would be my guide. It was just what I was looking forward to, a very relaxed experience. As Ed and I started our decent, Ed could tell that I was a bit apprehensive and totally put me at ease getting me to relax prior to continuing the dive. Any nervousness quickly went away and I really enjoyed the dive and took in all there was to see and explore. Ed and Jeffrey were very professional and I felt very confident in their abilities. Ed took the time to do a pre-dive briefing explaining what we might see and our basic route. Having dived with one of the larger dive companies on a previous trip I really appreciated this hands on interaction with the guide and my one on one experience. Ed had an underwater camera that he used on both dives, within 24-36 hours I was emailed a link to a file sharing site with over 90 pictures from my trip, at no additional cost! I would definitely recommend Happy Divers to any level diver, I'm confident they will customize the trip to your needs and comfort level. I look forward to diving with them again!

1  Thank Steve L
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have been utilizing Trip Advisor for years; however, this is my first ever review. I always find it helpful when reading dive reviews to know a little something about the writers experience level. I did my Open Water Certification and 7 dives, including 2 cave dives, in Mexico in December 2012. In May 2013, I did 4 dives in the Bahamas. I did my Advanced Open Water Certification and 15 dives in the Dominican Republic in November 2012.

I just returned from sunny Aruba to the polar vortex hitting New Jersey. While in Aruba I did 5 dives with Jeffrey Kost, the owner and Dive Master/Instructor of Happy Divers. Before going to Aruba, I researched the local dive operators and e-mailed a couple of them. Jeff was very quick to respond and answered all of my questions. Jeff informed me that he did not have a boat available during my stay, but would be available to do shore diving. having never done a shore dive, I figured I would give something new a try. My experience with shore diving was that its slightly more difficult to get to the dive site (much easier to step off or fall backwards off of a boat), but its easier to walk out of the water than to climb up on to a bobbing boat. Also, shore diving has the advantage of looking at the shallow reefs on the way out and on the way back in.

The main advantage of using Happy Divers, and the reason I chose them was the size of the dive group. My first 2 dives were with Jeffrey, myself and another diver. The next 2 dives were with Jeffrey, his Dive Master in-training (Dave), myself and 1 other diver. My last dive was just Jeffrey and myself. The small group size allows you to dive at the pace you want dive. If you see something and you to take time to photograph, not a problem. I been on "cattle boat", where it feels like there in hurry to get somewhere and not taking the time to enjoy the trip.

Other things that made diving with Happy Divers excellent was the equipment and photographs. The equipment was in excellent condition. The rental BCD was in like new condition with integrated weight pockets, no need for the weight belt, much better. Jeffrey dives with a camera and a GoPro camera. Then posts the pictures and videos of your dive on the web for you to download, and get this, its free.

Overall, this was my best dive experience ever. Can't wait to dive with Happy Divers again next year.

1  Thank murb