“SWEET”
Review of Happy Divers Aruba

Happy Divers Aruba
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Happy Divers Aruba!Aruba, known for its beautiful waters and marine life, offers some of the best dive spots in the world.scuba diving in aruba, dutch caribbeanWhether you just want to try diving once, you want to become a qualified diver or you already are a certified diver and you just want to continue diving... Aruba is a great place for all of that and Happy Divers Aruba can offer you the personal attention and quality to make your dive experience in Aruba a great one!Happy Divers Aruba prides itself in offering that personal attention that other dive companies often forget. Tell us what you want to get out of your dive experience in Aruba and we make sure you will get the amount of attention you need!We only dive in small groups and can even offer private dives at no additional charge!We offer the following dive courses: Discover Scuba Diving (DSD): a first try dive for anyone who wants an introduction to scuba diving or isn't certified (yet). Open Water Diver Advanced Open Water Diver Rescue Diver + Emergency First Response Divemaster Dive specialties on request. Happy Divers Aruba offers dive courses from PADI (Professional Association of Dive Instructors).English and Dutch is spoken.Don't wait and become a HAPPY DIVER!Contact us for more information or to book your dive trips & courses
New York City, New York
“SWEET”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My first time scuba diving. Jeff was very nice and made me very comfortable diving for my first time. It was an amazing experience.

Thank you!

1 Thank dom s

Skaneateles, New York
“Great Experience”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Prior to traveling to Aruba I did a bit of research on the diving companies and thankfully decided on Happy Divers. It was an excellent choice and they did not disappoint. I was drawn to them by the indication that they dove in small groups as I had not been diving in a year. Jeffery picked up my wife and me at our hotel right on time and took us directly to the beach dive sites Mangel Molto and then Pos Chiquito. There we met another diver doing an introductory dive and Ed who would be my guide. It was just what I was looking forward to, a very relaxed experience. As Ed and I started our decent, Ed could tell that I was a bit apprehensive and totally put me at ease getting me to relax prior to continuing the dive. Any nervousness quickly went away and I really enjoyed the dive and took in all there was to see and explore. Ed and Jeffrey were very professional and I felt very confident in their abilities. Ed took the time to do a pre-dive briefing explaining what we might see and our basic route. Having dived with one of the larger dive companies on a previous trip I really appreciated this hands on interaction with the guide and my one on one experience. Ed had an underwater camera that he used on both dives, within 24-36 hours I was emailed a link to a file sharing site with over 90 pictures from my trip, at no additional cost! I would definitely recommend Happy Divers to any level diver, I'm confident they will customize the trip to your needs and comfort level. I look forward to diving with them again!

1 Thank Steve L
parlin, new jersey
“Another Happy Diver”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I have been utilizing Trip Advisor for years; however, this is my first ever review. I always find it helpful when reading dive reviews to know a little something about the writers experience level. I did my Open Water Certification and 7 dives, including 2 cave dives, in Mexico in December 2012. In May 2013, I did 4 dives in the Bahamas. I did my Advanced Open Water Certification and 15 dives in the Dominican Republic in November 2012.

I just returned from sunny Aruba to the polar vortex hitting New Jersey. While in Aruba I did 5 dives with Jeffrey Kost, the owner and Dive Master/Instructor of Happy Divers. Before going to Aruba, I researched the local dive operators and e-mailed a couple of them. Jeff was very quick to respond and answered all of my questions. Jeff informed me that he did not have a boat available during my stay, but would be available to do shore diving. having never done a shore dive, I figured I would give something new a try. My experience with shore diving was that its slightly more difficult to get to the dive site (much easier to step off or fall backwards off of a boat), but its easier to walk out of the water than to climb up on to a bobbing boat. Also, shore diving has the advantage of looking at the shallow reefs on the way out and on the way back in.

The main advantage of using Happy Divers, and the reason I chose them was the size of the dive group. My first 2 dives were with Jeffrey, myself and another diver. The next 2 dives were with Jeffrey, his Dive Master in-training (Dave), myself and 1 other diver. My last dive was just Jeffrey and myself. The small group size allows you to dive at the pace you want dive. If you see something and you to take time to photograph, not a problem. I been on "cattle boat", where it feels like there in hurry to get somewhere and not taking the time to enjoy the trip.

Other things that made diving with Happy Divers excellent was the equipment and photographs. The equipment was in excellent condition. The rental BCD was in like new condition with integrated weight pockets, no need for the weight belt, much better. Jeffrey dives with a camera and a GoPro camera. Then posts the pictures and videos of your dive on the web for you to download, and get this, its free.

Overall, this was my best dive experience ever. Can't wait to dive with Happy Divers again next year.

1 Thank murb
Los Angeles, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun staff, great experience.”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had a great time diving the S-11 plane wreck in Aruba with Happy Divers. The staff was friendly and fun, and all of the gear was in great shape. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a good dive shop.

Visited December 2013
Cranston, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The best! Another truly happy diver.”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Went on my first vacation to Aruba this past October. One of the things I knew I HAD to squeeze into my short week there was a wreck dive, as I had never done one before. I contacted Happy Divers at the beginning of that week and several other popular dive companies there. I didn't anticipate how difficult it would be to book this once I was there (since my cell phone was out of commission for calls there and I thought there would be more wi-fi available around the island- there wasn't). Anyway, Jeffrey made the whole experience very easy and stress-free! He got back to me promptly via email and told me what time he would be free so I could call him and finalize the reservation. He answered all my questions and made the game plan for the diving day clear. Also I should mention that his prices were very reasonable compared to the other places I checked out. They had tons of extra fees for everything- equipment rental, photos, etc.. He didn't. Just a flat fee that included everything.
Jeffrey picked me up promptly at my hotel that morning, and was so happy and friendly. I was a little bit nervous about the dive since I hadn't dove in a few years, and I didn't have a buddy this time. (I did review all the important safety basics and did a mini-refresher course online beforehand, but still, it's easy to forget things in the moment.) He reassured me that he would help me anytime along the way if I needed it and that I would be fine. We picked up the other divers in our group for that day (it was a small group, only 5 of us) and started loading up the boat and getting our equipment ready. I was a little stumped at first when it came to setting up the tank and hoses and all that (I totally had forgotten all that stuff), but I just watched the others and it came back to me. Even though he had a lot of different things to take care of himself, I feel Jeffrey was still able to give personalized attention to everyone equally. There were also others on the dive boat that were equally friendly and helpful. For example, I had brought a GoPro camera that I had rented specifically for this dive trip but I didn't have a strap or holder for it. When the boat captain saw that I was planning on just holding it in my hand for the whole dive, he took it upon himself to make a strap for me out of some floatation material. It was a small thing, but it really made a big difference during the dive! It was nice to not have to worry about dropping it the whole time. I also for some reason forgot to bring a lunch with me. Luckily Jeffrey packed plenty of snacks and drinks for everyone to share.
To get to the dive itself, it was great. The Antilles wreck is just incredible. We all stayed together in a pretty tight group so I didn't have to worry about the fact that I didn't have a buddy. Jeffrey checked up on me from time to time to make sure I was OK. We were able to actually swim through some parts of the ship which was SO cool! We also found a large moray eel lurking under the ship which was definitely one of the highlights for me. The only downside was, there was just so much cool stuff to take in. I was completely overwhelmed! I felt like the dive was over in a flash. I would love to do it again so I can really focus on remembering all the details of the ship.
The second dive was sort of a drift dive in the Arashi (?) reef. I'm pretty sure that was the site. That one was very cool too, but more similar to all the other dives I've done in the past. I didn't see anything new there but it was still very enjoyable. We got a great look at several sea turtles, and an awesome squid that swam by. I had a great time looking at all the fish.
So in summary, everything was great! I would have done more dives with Happy Divers if it wasn't already the end of the week for me. And I forgot to mention the very best part. Jeffrey brought his own underwater camera and took tons of photos the whole time. Just 2 days later, he sent them all to us via email. 233 of them to be exact! And they came out WAY better than my GoPro photos. Had I known beforehand, I would have had no need to rent a camera myself. I hope I can return to Aruba again sometime and if I do, I will definitely book a ton more dives with Happy Divers. Jeffrey, you're the man!! Simply the best. :) Thanks again!

Visited October 2013