“Unsafe and not at all as advertised.”

Aruba Kayak Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: 2 TRIPS TO CHOOSE FROM:#1: Kayak Tour to De Palm Island for snorkeling and lunch(all you can eat & open bar).#2: Kayak Tour to Mangel Halto Reef for snorkeling and lunch at Balashi Bier Gardens. Each tour includes:• Transportation to and from your hotel• All kayak gear• Guided snorkel tour• Snorkel equipment • LunchVisit our website or Facebook page for more information!
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My beloved and I love to kayak. We usually devote at least a day of our vacation to the sport. So we were so excited to find Aruba Kayak Adventure. Now I wish we had missed it. Here's what went wrong:
1. We paid almost $100 each for a kayak guided tour that promised a trip to a lagoon, tales of legend told by our guides and a trip down the coast line. What we got was a 1/4 mile paddle to an "all inclusive" island that offered watered down drinks and a crappy lunch.
2. More troubling was the safety. Our guides, though sweet, didn't seem very aware, trained or concerned with safety. My boat was not sea worthy. There was a hole in it. We were in the ocean when I capsized. One guide laughed and took the rest of the group on. I was in the water, by myself (my beloved was further down before realizing what was happening). It was close to 10 minutes before the second guide got to me. Another person had fallen out of a boat and she couldnt swim. To the guide's credit, he dealt with her before helping me--she was panicked, I was not.

When he finally reached me, he realized there was nothing to be done for my boat. He instructed me to hold on to my boat and swim to the island. Neither the first nor last time it was apparent their primary concern was keeping their equipment safe. Oh that they cared so much for the people in their charge.

3. On the return trip the guide has his iPod on and ear buds in and was not able to hear or respond to people unless they repeatedly screamed. Would have been horrible has someone been in distress.

Truly a waste of money and a company that appears to be in distress and without care for its passengers. AVOID!!!!

2  Thank lucysojo

Reviewed July 7, 2012

They basically gave you kayaks and said, "Paddle to DePalm Island. See you at 1:45PM." We were hoping for a coastal tour in the kayaks. If we knew it was just transportation to DePalm Island, we would have just taken the ferry. The staff members were all nice, it was just a disappointing experience.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

My very first time ever attempting to kayak, Aruba Kayak Adventure made the initial fear of water an easy transition to fun. The staff was extremely informative, comforting, supportive and experienced. The waters, waves and wind was quite active but their expertice prevailed. They never leave a kayaker behind. The all inclusive package was really a treat: OPEN ALCOHOL BAR, OPEN FOOD BAR, snorkling, fast banana boat: were all inviting. Work up an appetite getting to De Palm Island, enjoy the food, drinks and even the 'salsa & meringe' dance teaching sessions. A family fun experience.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

My brother and I recently took the kayak excursion to De Palm Island and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. He had kayaked before and I hadn't (not to mention I have about zero upper body strength)...yet it was easy to pick up and fun to do. The guides (Tico, Coco, and Sando) were all friendly and helpful. No one was left behind and everyone in the group came away happy with their day.

Once you land at De Palm island, you'll have a few hours to enjoy the all-inclusive 'resort'. Eat, drink, swim, ride the banana boats, and snorkel as much as you like! Or simply relax under the palms before kayaking back to the mainland.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We did the Kayak adventure. It was my wife and I first time in a kayak. The staff was great, very informative, explained everything we were going to do and then off we went. They had a bus driver and several guides following along to ensure we did not get lost and help if required. The paddle out to the area where we were going snorkeling was hard due to the wind. Several people tipped over but the guides helped them out.
We ended up going back on the bus since the trip out was pretty hard. The Balashi Beer gardens was great at the end. The food was good and I love the beer.

Overall: Good experience if you like the outdoor adventure. The staff was great, professional, and helpful. We will pass because it seemed like to much work for vacation! Cheers!

1  Thank Joshua S