Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$144
$112
Wonders Boutique Hotel(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$115
$78
Juanedu Suites(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$56
  • Pool
Camacuri Apartments Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$101
A1 Apartments Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$59
Hidden Eden Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$80
TripAdvisor
$245
2,284 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsea breezefull kitchenswim up barrci exchangemulligans restaurantwasher and dryerstudio unitgrocery storetime sharedutch villagepull out couchwindows on arubashort walk across the streetthird floorshuttle servicehigh rise area
Reviewed August 25, 2007

We just returned from our week in Aruba, Aug 18 - Aug 25, with my parents and we had a great time. My wife and I purchased a timeshare at the Divi Links and this was the first time we were actually able to stay in our unit as we purchased it while on our honeymoon at the Divi Aruba All-Inclusive 3 years ago before construction. We had returned two years ago with my kids and stayed in the Divi village section.
The weather was extremely HOT, more so than I remember from the previous two times there, however the infinity pool made things much more bearable. We had requested close proximity of rooms at time of booking for my parents and they put them in the Eagle 1 buliding, which was a surprise since it was actually an upgrade from our unit in Birdi 1. We actually should've asked for adjoining rooms as that would have been much easier and would have eliminated the extra loud neighbors next door. The adjoining room doors are very thin and not a very tight seal between them so you hear EVERYTHING from next door. The entire staff was GREAT, not a bad experience from anyone, front desk, shuttle drivers, maid service et al.
This was my parents first trip to Aruba so we showed them the sights. Rented a minivan for 3 days and toured the North side of the island, Lighthouse, Natural Bridge, and Casibari rock formations on one day. Another day we packed lunches and took them to the Southern side of the island, Baby Beach, Seroe Colorado Natural Bridge, San Nicolas. Overall I think they enjoyed the trip, however like I said earlier it was extremely HOT.
My 11 year old daughter and I spent an early morning and climbed Hooiberg, what a sight from the top. There were 550+ steps to the top and it can be pretty daunting if you're not up to it but the view and breeze at the top is well worth it. After spending about 45 minutes at the top it was time for the walk down. We then took a quick drive to the Balashi beer factory and took a tour. We didn't have reservations but were able to get in still. Not a bad deal for $6 for me only. Just remember to wear sneakers and no tank tops. They were nice enough to provide my daughter with a borrowed t-shirt.
We wanted to save money on meals so we packed several meals before we left, but still hit the local supermarket for some items. One reccomendation is to stock up on milk as by Wed the stores were out of fresh milk and I was told they wouldn't be restocked until Fri. We did eat out for some of our meals though. We went to Buccaneer with the kids and it was ok. We had a great lunch at Moomba Cafe on the beach. My wife and I finally tried Texas De Brazil and that was very good, the meats kept coming until we begged for mercy and they were cooked perfectly.
The trip was very enjoyable and look forward to going back as the people there are extremely friendly. There is so much to do with all the activities the Divi resorts have planned or you can do your own thing and just relax by the pool.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank mro255
Reviewed July 31, 2007

This was our 4th annual trip to Aruba. Our first time staying at the Divi Village. We exchanged this unit through Interval International and as promised we had a 1 BD unit with full kitchen, washer & dryer. The unit was larger than I expected, I would say that it would comfortably sleep 4 people. I am not so sure how the sofa sleeper is, but the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was a little small for us and didn't have much in the way of counter space. Plenty of space under the sink, but I like to leave my toiletries out for the week. The resort had 3 pools with the largest overlooking the golf couse and ocean and swim up bar. The infinity pool is beautiful. They even have waterslides for the kids, set far enough away from the bar area that you don't have kids everywhere.

We didn't have any major problems with our stay other than our dryer wasn't working and it took about 24 hours to get any one to come and fix it. We were in bldg 8 (according to the hotel map) and it sits pretty much behind everything. If a view is important to you I would stay away from that area and ask for a rooms numbered 3100 -3500 or the Villas which I think would all be very nice, they are new and would have a golf course, pool or ocean view.

We ate at the Sea Breeze Cafe and Mulligans. Our lunch at Sea Breeze was just okay- Mulligans was a great place for dinner, I would eat there again.

As a Divi guest you will be given a discount card that you have to activate by going to the timeshare office- OH...NO... but to my surprise I walked in expecting to be given the timeshare sales pitch and they asked me how my stay was so far and attached a code to the back of my card- on the way out they said "If we can interest you in any information on any of the Divi Properties we will be here". I thanked them and headed to the SPA for my 10% dicount! Well worth the time to get the discount card. They offered many other dicounts, but that was my favorite.

Divi guests can be shuttled- large golf cart style- to the other Divi Resorts. We didn't use that often, but if you don't have a car and wanted to get out of the resort it is a nice option.

In closing we had a very nice time at the Divi. Would I stay there again...I think so... we have also stayed at the Reniasance Ocean Suite, Renaissance Marina Tower, La Cabana & Aruba Grand (now the RUI). If I had to chose between the Divi and the Renaissance I would choose the Renaissnace- we love the Reniassance Private Island. For a low rise hotel I would say that the Divi is an excellent choice. Regardless where you stay I think you will LOVE Aruba!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Time4Scuba
Reviewed July 23, 2007

Our first year we stayed at the Divi Divi Resort , we loved it so much that we went to the Timeshare review sugested by Louise who was the resort person .
We enjoyed the resort so much we purchased a timeshare, one bedroom. It was the very best investment we made. We are at the Divi Golf and Beach resort at Eagle 3 complex. in 2005 we upgraded to the 2 bedroom lockout. This year it was so relaxing and sio much fun with the water slide that we spent 90% of our time at the infinity pool.
Our long time friends of 40 years that travel with my wife and I just love Aruba, the people and especially the resort that they exchange their week to go to Aruba. We stayed for 2 weeks this year and will continue until I don't remember if I went Ha.
I would reccommend Aruba to anyone and also any of the Divi resorts.
Tom Ardita

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank Medicsgm
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Aruba is Fantastic! 2nd time. We stayed at the Divi Village through RCI timeshare- not to be confused with the DIvi Golf Village. The properties are connected but when you book be sure to know what property you are in fact bookng. You are allowed to use all Divi resort ammenities but room accomodations at the Divi Village are showing their age. We stayed in building three- the main building- room 3405 then moved to room 3414. Both rooms have same outdated decor and cheap motel feel. The properties are across the street from the beach and one of the nicest beach areas on Aruba. Less wind in this particular area. Plenty of beach huts and lounge chairs. Water sports are available at the beach. Less traveled area overall near the beginning of the low rise resorts. Drinks are expensive 8+ usd average. Save money take a trip to the supermarket and stock your own drinks. Breakfast at the Divi Village was good, small portions though. If your going to stay here make sure your room is acceptable to your standards and you can always hop over (Golf Shuttles or walk) to the Divi Golf area and check out their infinity pool and bar. Also there are jacuzzis on the roof of all the Divi Golf Villas for all Divi Guests to use. We had dinner at the brand new "Windows On Aruba" located on the second floor of the Divi Golf Resorts main building. Very Nice- expensive-small small portions. Hope this helps any who are interested.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple