My wife and I just got back from spending our honeymoon on Aruba. I had never been to Aruba and I didn't really know what to expect. I have been to several places and this was by far my favorite vacation.
The Divi Village Beach and Golf Resort was an excellent choice for us. The high-rise area is great for the party and large crowd scene, but if you're just looking to relax and get away from all the hype this resort is perfect! Divi has four resorts all within walking distance of the Divi Village Beach and golf resort. The other three resorts are all right on the beach and the Divi Village is just across a small street. As a guest, you have access to all four of the Divi resorts within the area and there are shuttles that will take you to each one if you don't want to walk.
As mentioned, the beach is located right across a small street from the resort. There are beach chairs and huts that are always available to use (no matter what time you go). The beach is absolutely gorgeous with soft white sand and turquoise blue water. There is also a water sports place where you can get rafts, snorkel equipment, and schedule activities.
The rooms at this resort are also extremely nice. If possible, try to get a room in the "Links" part of the resort. The "Links" are part of the golf area of the resort. All of these units are extremely modern and updated. Flat screen televisions, brand new kitchen appliances, brand new bathroom fixtures, and a ton of space. We had a one bedroom unit that was bigger than most apartments.
All Inclusive or Not? If you're debating the all inclusive here is my advice. We decided to not go with the all inclusive and we saved a ton of money. There is NOO WAY you could eat and drink enough to make it worth the all inclusive. And most of the bars and restaurants will allow you to charge stuff to your room. It also gives you a chance to experience some of the local restaurants, which were all very awesome! The best restaurant selection is towards the high-rise hotel area, which is only a couple minute drive from this resort. Definitely check out the high-rise section if you get a chance. The beach up there is gorgeous and it's fun to check out the shops and attractions in that area.
If you're planning any excursions, I would highly recommend the "Mi Dushi" snorkel tour. It is a large sailboat that takes off from the high-rise area at 9:30am and goes til 2:00pm. It takes you to 3 snorkel spots and includes lunch and all you can drink for only $50 a person. The snorkeling was awesome, the crew was very fun, food was pretty good, and the drinks were soooo amazing! For $50 it was an amazing deal! You can make a reservation at their website.
If you wanted, you could spend all of your time at the resort because of their Amazing pool area and beach. However, I would definitely explore the island because it has so much to offer. As mentioned, check out the high-rise area, maybe schedule a boat tour, and lastly, take a trip to Baby Beach. It takes about a half hr to get there but it is such a gorgeous beach. It's protected by a man made stone wall so it's just like a giant swimming pool with gorgeous water and such white sand. Even though there is public transportation and taxis, we rented a car and absolutely loved it. "Smart Rent a Car" is a very inexpensive company and it is so convenient to be able to go wherever you want whenever you want.
Absolutely great resort and an absolutely amazing island!! You will not regret staying at the Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort and you will not regret visiting Aruba. I plan on going back as soon as possible!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vacatia, BookIt.com, West Indies, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad