“Is there ever any rain?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort

Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Vernon, Vermont
“Is there ever any rain?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

"Weather is like this 365 days a year" the taxi driver tells us as we race from the airport to the village. Its 90 degrees out, slight breeze and no humidity. The rid eto the village was interesting, I now know what its like to be a passanger in a NASCAR race. The check in was interesting, they had our check in the wrong week. According to the front desk we were a week early. After 35 minutes the problem was resolved and we were headed to our room. Second floor overlooking the pool and the golf course. Room was clean and plenty of linens and towels. The bar/resturaunt there "mulligans" was a bit pricey it seemed (they all are no matter where you go), but the food was good. Service was really slow, probably didnt help the super bowl was going to be on in 2 hours. I tried the bar there a few days later and service was great then. The infinity pool was awesome, you can charge drinks to your room, which is a plus when you dont want to carry cash in the pool. We didnt get to golf, but all the people coming in the bar seemed to like the 9 hole course. I would recomend to stay at an all-inclusive though, groceries for the room were out of this world.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheVERMONTER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Finnish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

My Husband and I got married out in Aruba july 09 & we had our honeymoon at this resort. It was a perfect place to stay for the occasion. The resort up-graded our room from a studio to a 1 bedroom suite for free, and have to say, we never wanted to leave!
The room was so spacious. Our view of the golf cousre & resort was amazing. It's a good 10-15 minute walk to the ocean, but it's well worth it. Along the way you can see the golf course or even stop in for a drink halfway to or from the beach. If you don't want to work your legs on vacation, you could even take rides on a golf cart to the beach, which the resort provides.for free The staff is so nice and very helpful. I will come back to this resort again and again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

This property is nothing but GORGEOUS!

Room: We were stunned with how beautiful, spacious and wonderful our room was. It was a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen, 2 bathrooms, washer/dryer, master bedroom and 2 balconies, it was a mini apartment. We also had a roof top hot tub! We loved it!

Food: We were on the all inclusive package so we were able to dine at Divi Golf & Beach and also the two properties across the street, Tamarijn and Divi. For lunch we always ate at Mulligans, it has a variety of food and great quality. The drinks were amazing, top shelf liquor, who could ask for more? If you're on the all inclusive, you wont want to drink anywhere but at Mulligans. Ginger, which is a resturant at the Tamarijn was asain cuisine and was to die for! We ended up eating there twice in our 7 nights there. Red Parrot at the Divi property, wasn't as good as all of the reviews I had read on here said but that's just a personal opinion. We are not buffet people by any means so I can't give a review on the buffet food for we never ate there. We were super lazy when it came to making dinner reservations so we weren't able to experience the other resturants that the properties had to offer. Mulligans is awesome for dinner though, we loved the wide variety of things to choose from. No room service which was a little bit of a let down, for us people who like staying up really late, it's nice to be able to order food 24 hours a day. No biggie though.

Service: SLOW! Goodness the service everywhere is just SLOW! On average we would be at a resturant for an hour and a half to two hours. It started to become a joke between my boyfriend and I, trying to guess how long it would take for our server to come back with what we had asked for. On one occasion we sat at the pool bar at the Tamarijn for 13 minutes before someone asked us what we would like to drink and that was after I had said "excuse me sir" 3 times! I understand they're on "island time" but this was a little disappointing. :-/

Activities: We are quite the adeventure seekers so we choose to rent quads and do our own thing. George's cycles is a well known company in Aruba for ATV rentals.The rental was pretty reasonable, 8 hours for $120, not bad at all! We were provided a map with all of the things to see along the way. We went to the California Lighthouse, nothing special, in my opinion. The natural pool is crazy to get to! If you're not adventurious, don't even try. The rocks are huge and the terrian is rough! We ended up off the path and got a little lost but ended up making it, finally! It's awesome and totally worth it! Along the way we saw rock formations and caves. All together, renting the quads and making your own "adventure" was the best way to go! At the Tamarijn they provide wind surfing lessons which my boyfriend really enjoyed, make sure you get there early to sign up as we found out the hard way one day and was unable to go that day.

Casino: Every night we hit the casino. There is a golf cart that will take you there, it is quite a walk otherwise. Being from Vegas and having casinos open 24/7, we were surprised that the one in Aruba closed at 4AM but on the bright side, we were able to get sleep every night because of it! We walked away up every night so we loved it!

Beach: The beach is gorgeous! No seaweed and the prettiest blue I've ever seen. Every time I was at the beach it never felt crowded and there were was always plenty of chairs, which was nice! My only complaint, I wish the bar was a little closer or they had waitresses walking up and down the beach for drinks.

Overview: This vacation was amazingly relaxing and loads of fun! Besides the slow service, we enjoyed every minute of it and would return back to the property tomorrow is we could. The food, room and activities all exceeded our expections and I would recommened this property to everyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NVEME702
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

Stayed in one of the newly refurbished studio rooms in the Golf section of the resort. Room overlooked the vast swimming pool and was only a two minute walk to the beautiful Divi beach. Staff were helpful and friendly, room cleaned everyday, rooms well equipped and the shuttle golf buggy service allows you to get around the resort with ease. Only critique would be food at the on-resort restaurants was overpriced for what appeared to be a fairly standard westernized menu. Head on into town for some better seafood!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

Looking for comfort, ambiance, friendly people, fantastic service, great food, super accomodations and "barefoot elegance"? Well look no farther than the Divi Dutch Village in Aruba. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you want and more! The friendly atmosphere adds to the creature comforts one gets and you won't be disappointed here. The inviting white sand beaches along with the 3 pools that are part of this establishment are great! Fish, snorkel, relax, tan, dance etc, the choice is yours and this is where you can have a ball!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pam_King
Garden Grove, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

Just back from Aruba, two families traveling together. Reservation was for Dutch Village (about 50 to 100 feet from the beach). Upon arriving, the meek desk clerk was checking us in, and gave us directions to the Golf Villas (about 1/4 to 1/2 mile from beach). I recognized it was not Dutch Village, he said the Village was booked, and he'd upgraded us to the new Golf Village. I politely stood my ground, meek clerk went in, gal came out, she said online reservations had overbooked the Village and that we were bumped to the Golf Villas. Who bumps hotel rooms?!?!? At any rate, I again very politely, stood my ground and indicated that Golf Villas were not the accomodations I had booked, and please see what could be done. I was already overpaying for one family member who'd cancelled, and we are beach folks, not Golf.

After quite a bit of "backroom" time, I was informed a Dutch Village 2 bdrm would be available the next day, if I would consider moving after one nite at the Golf Villas, I could have that. Compromise reached, arrangements agreed to! Divi gets some credit here, but I highly recommend others knowing what, when and where they have booked, and (politely) standing their ground.

The Golf Villas 2 bdrm was actually extravagant. Equal to or nicer than a Marriott Vacations unit in every way! It's a shame it was on the back end of the resort for us. The unit was actually large enough to COMFORTABLY accomodate 6 or 8 if 2 or 4 didn't mind a fold out couch. Full amenities INCLUDING an in unit Wash/Dry, dishwasher, 3 full baths with seperate shower/sauna tub, a private jacuzzi up on the rooftop, entertainment units with flat screens, marble countertops, gorgeous tile floor and bath - You get the picture. I would bet the 2 bdrm we had was over 1500 sq ft.

Here's more credit to the Divi folks (albeit after I drew my politely worded line in the sand). On then next day when we needed to report at noon to change to Dutch Village, a somewhat senior staff member came by with golf shuttle, offering bell cap service on the bags (we had just shut them into our rental) and also was in the main office to ensure an easy transfer. I felt much better with this response.

The Dutch village was fine, the units are older and amenities are extremely limited. No worries for our group as we just wanted to be able to plop ourselves out on to a beach, and you can do so, easily from here. The bedroom was a downstairs living/kitchen, upstairs two bedroom two bath arrangement. I would say it would be only comfortable for 4 to 5. The baths were extremely clean, nice tiled tub. The rest is "typical" and non-descript. Kitchen was tiny, no dishwasher, but clean and useable.

Golf Villas had fine shampoo, conditioner, lotion & aloe samples, WITH 3 days supply already out and on the vanity. Dutch Village had one of those "on-the-wall" push dispensers for shampoo and soap. Wish I had remembered to take the "stash" from Golf over to Dutch. Beaches are beautiful, I recomend Happy Hour with the singing bartender at the 2nd story bar above the Tamjarin Pool area - we thad "two-for-ones" for 8 people at sunset for $50 (less tip).

Pools: Golf Villa - phenominal free form with infinity, swim up bar, and pretty darn good water slide. Dutch Village - typical hotel pool that we used to rinse off ocean salt water.

It really is a night and day world, and if you have less interest in being walking close to the beach, the Golf villas are probably the most private, and perhaps the most upgraded accomodations on the island. They certainly can hold their own with the best of them!
Again, my acolades to Divi for coming through, but beware and know what you've reserved!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank OCDaddy1958
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

We're staying here at the Dutch Village and find it a great place for vacation. Our studio is well appointed with refrigerator, microwave, and large king size bed and sleeper and the price is right at a little over $100/night. It's great location right off the road - stepsre from the beach and pool. There's a bus stop right outside. Nice that we can also use the facilities and activites of the other resnorts (Golf one across the street) and do classes (aqua aerobis, gym, etc.).The only thing that leaves something to be desired is internet access - only at SeaBreeze Cafe. And $35 for 4 days is expensive. But definitely a great property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,131 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,550 reviews
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

Been to Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!