“The perfect Aruba experience”

Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
New York
“The perfect Aruba experience”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Having never been to Aruba before, we didn't know which resort to choose. We definitely made the best choice. The staff here are so friendly and accomodating. The grounds are well maintained, the pools are all beautiful.The beach being right across the street worked out well, we spent some days at the beach and some at the pool. Loved having all the lizards and iguanas walking along the paths with us. Seriously would highly recommend this resort for families. We have three units linked together to accommodate our 7 people, the 3 kids have the middle unit for their own space, we have 5 bathrooms, 3 kitchens, and an exclusive use of the rooftop hot tub and BBQ grill. Loving our first visit to Aruba!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Dawn B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
  • Finnish first
North Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Everyone knows the Divis are exclusive, beautifully maintained and exceptional resorts. The Divi Dutch Does NOT meet the same expectations so do not be fooled! If you pay for the all inclusive you get to stay at one of their premier resorts and get the goodies. If you are trading your weeks or points, and Do NOT want their all inclusive plans... you get stuck at the divi dutch OVER FLOW. Tucked away from any beach view area it is a garden or courtyard view. The pool does not have its own bathroom, bar or grill like the others do. There is NO lobby for Divi Dutch. When you check in and out...you do so across the way at the golf course and then get a shuttle to the tamarjin and then a different shuttle to your area. The rooms are lovely. We had a two bedroom, living room and double kitchenette with 2.5 baths. Our housekeeping staff were great and many of the shuttle drivers were accommodating. Many however would wave and say "next one" or " I go ....not ...." and drive off. At some of the bars and restaurants if you were not part of the all inclusive you needed to go to one place to purchase a ticket for the exact drink and food you wanted and THEN go to the bar to get it. You could not return your towels (for pool) at the same place as the others...but no one told us that until our second to last day, so we had the same towels most of the week. Lack of amentities and information, as well as access to things (like a lobby) made our week longer and hotter. It was disappointing. Our home resort is Casa Del Mar (just a few doors down)...much more accommodating but not available the week we needed.

Room Tip: If you don't mind NOAT seeing the beach, Divi Dutch would be okay. If you don't mind walkin...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toniann H
Maryland
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Rented a privately owned two bedroom condo on VRBO and had a great stay with my three teenagers. The grounds are well kept and nicely landscaped. You could walk to the beach or take the golf shuttle. The condo was nicely decorated, up to date, and had a great view of a stream and the grounds . The beach at the Divi is quiet, not crowded like the Palm Beach area and you could always find a chair. We rented a car and toured the entire island. The condo was centrally located with easy access to all the popular tour sites.

Room Tip: Wi fi was slow but other than that things went well.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank VFU
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed at the resort from August 2-9, 2014. The hotel was situated on the golf course in the low-rise hotel district. To get to the beach you have to cross a road which I did not think was busy at all as per other postings. After traveling all night to get to Aruba I arrived at the hotel at 1:30pm and was told my room would not be available until 4:00pm. I was a little bit put off by this because I was so tired. When I returned at 4pm my room was ready and it turned out to be really, really nice. I was in room 8104. The rooms were staggered so that you would not hear your neighbors' doors slamming all the time. It also meant that your patios were staggered so that you wouldn't have anyone looking onto your patio. My building was directly next to the hotel lobby. It was a very quiet location. My room had a full kitchen, stocked with cooking pans and utensils, dishes, plates, etc. The air conditioner was a must due to the very high humidity outside. It worked very well. The bathroom was very large. The shower had nice pressure, as did the other faucets. There were blackout curtains in the room. The bed was extremely comfortable. There was a ceiling fan over the bed. On the patio there was a table and chairs and a lounge chair. There was also a ceiling fan out there as well to keep the mosquitoes away. There were several pools at the resort and all looked nicely kept. There was gated parking for the building where I stayed but it seemed like there might not be enough parking spaces if you came in late in the evening. I never had a problem finding a parking space immediately outside my building. The staff was exceedingly nice. When there seemed to be a language barrier for whatever I was asking about I resorted to the little bit of Spanish I knew and everything worked out well. Overall I was very pleased with my room and I would most certainly go back to this resort. The only negative thing I could say was that I received a call one day from someone at the front desk trying to get me to attend a time-share meeting. I politely said no and that was the end of it. The caller was not pushy about it at all. I give this place 2 thumbs up and I had a lot of fun on the island. The locals with whom I spoke were all really nice and very helpful.

Room Tip: Room 8104 is ground level out the patio but on the 2nd floor from the entry door to the room. It was...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Patrick Z
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was very skeptical about staying at the Divi after reading some of the reviews but have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. We own a hilton timeshare and traded into the Divi for a week stay. We had 3 separate one bedroom units (2 were adjoining) and we were near the golf course and one of the pools. The rooms were clean and spacious and although the furnishings weren't overly modern, they fit right into the island lifestyle. The beds were comfortable and everyone was very friendly. One of the people who stood out the most during our stay was our taxi driver Esther. She was our driver for the entire week after meeting her on our first day!! She is awesome, perfect for large groups and will show you places on the island where the natives eat and shop, not the tourist traps. She treats you like family and even gave us small gifts after dropping us at the airport. She's very friendly and trustworthy. We were able to leave our shopping wares with her with no problem. If you're ever in Aruba, give her a call +297 5921721. You won't be sorry

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa L
Fanwood, New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our family of 4 stayed at the resort from July5-July12, 2014. We have 2 teenagers ages 13 & 16. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived but we booked our excursions and had a welcome drink while we waited about 40 minutes. We booked a 2 bedroom unit that was in great condition right near the infinity pool. The jacuzzi on the roof was pretty cool. We realized though that people staying on the property tried to use the jacuzzi when it clearly states it is intended for just the occupants of the room. We don't have any complaints about the staff except for the swim up bar servers.They aren't really friendly, especially the woman that tends there. She was quite upsetting to deal with while you're on vacation.The beach located across the street was beautiful and never had a problem getting a lounge chair. We never had a problem waiting or getting a shuttle to take us around the property. We would have liked if the resort had some nightlife and activities for our teens. The 16 year old was bored at this resort. Once we went to the highrise section he felt more excited about our trip. There was more happening and more kids his age. The 4hr. jeep tour to the natural pool was a lot of fun. DePalm Island was fun too, although waiting for the banana boat took forever! We ate at many delicious restaurants including, Madame Jeanette, Matthews, Gianni's, & El Goucho. One better than the next. We didn't do the all inclusive at Divi because we wanted to venture out. We don't have small children and were looking for some excitement at night.Some restaurants charge a service fee that doesn't go to the waiters.That upset us because the pricing on the menu was fair enough and the servers deserved the extra charge. We didn't rent a car either and used the taxi service or the shuttle, which worked out just fine for us. Aruba is a very windy island and I don't recommend wearing skirts and dresses unless they are long or wear shorts underneath. Big problem for our 13 yr.old! Blow drying your hair was certainly a waste of time as well due to the wind. It was so comfortable walking around at night with no humidity. We felt safe exploring the island and everyone was polite and friendly. We did encounter problems with the wi-fi. The service was poor. If we vacation again in Aruba we would probably stay in the high rise area for the sake of the night life. Divi Golf was beautiful and great to stay with younger children.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank DawnMC26
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Divi Dutch Village, part of the divi resort. We are RCI members and stayed in a timeshare suite. We requested ocean front, lower level as I can't walk up stairs as easy since I have MS. The rooms we saw online looked great. When we arrived and were given our room number and taken to our unit, we then found out it was a 3rd story room. The room was barely the size of our bedroom at home and that's including the bathroom and kitchenet. It was facing the busy highway. Building was on the oceanside. The room was very outdated. They painted over hinges and outlets, not to nit-pick. The stove was old as well. We had to beg and plead with the management/front desk employees to place us on a 1st level unit... They said no, but we kept on and late the 2nd day of our vacation, they said they had a 2nd level unit. It's better than walking up 3 since the divi dutch village has no elevators. They did not accommodate my needs for the ground level room and forget about the ocean front, they kept us facing the road and placed us near the end of the entire resort... Near absolutely nothing. The walls were so thin, we could hear our neighbors showering, watching tv, cooking... Even some conversations. They were not loud people, just thin walls. The furniture was outdated and shady at best. The shower was tight, low light. The toilet was broken. We had to hold the handle down the entire flush, every time. Now on to the grounds, for the most part it was clean, but several open drains, one was covered, sort of, with plywood and half of the hole was exposed. A child could have easily fell into the 2-3 foot hole. The beach was short, but beautiful. It's hard to mess up an Aruban beach... Except being next to the local beach where some homeless and tourist would litter and the beach was more rock/shells than sand. The beach over all was nice and there were palapas with chairs... But the beach was a good distance from the room... Again back to the first level ocean front thing again. We traded a nice amount of points for the horrible room, bad location, 2nd level room. We were charged a $10 a day tax timeshare fee that we were not made aware of until we received a bill. The pools were nice, for the most part, but small and some were dirty. The "resort" catered to the golf resort and all inclusive areas of the resort. A helpful hint for activities. Rent a car through the economy car located a hotel or 2 up the street for under $40 and tour the island. We had a toyota yaris and went every where the jeeps did without the sand in our faces and could take as much time as we wanted. The jeeps and atvs are fun but with 20+ mile an hour trade winds, a car will do.

Back to the resort, there are many different areas of the resort and that is why the ratings are all over the place, from great to horrible. Do not stay in the divi dutch village area of the resort. Worst room I've ever had with an RCI resort. I'll never stay there again. I will go to aruba, but never at a divi resort.

7/26/14 - 8/2/14

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank CK M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Divi Aruba
Divi Aruba
#2 of 6 in Oranjestad
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!