Haven't been to Aruba in 4 years! So going back for a very good friend's wedding and visit relatives who also lives in Aruba, I couldn't wait. Since I was traveling with a buddy of mine, we decided to stay at a resort/beach hotel to enhance the vacation feeling.
While not trying to go bankrupt during our 3,5 weeks vacation, we got a good deal at Divi Village Golf Resort. Knowing the area of this hotel and positive feedback of my family staying here we decided to stay here for a week and stay at a cheaper opaque hotel (booked through Hotwire) to balance it out.
After being pickup by my family and dropped off at the hotel we both were in shocked and amazed of how wonderful and spacious the room was.
The equipped kitchen and everything we need to cook a proper meal, however having family and friends living on the island, we were "fed" every day and only bought supplies for breakfast, refreshments and munchies.
The bigger supermarkets on Aruba (Ling & Sons, Superfood, Kong Hing) have endless options and since most of the products are imported you will find American, European (Dutch) and Latin brands. Beside that there are variety of restaurants or eating establishments where going hungry is simply not an option, Caters for all budgets!
During our stay we only made once use of the three pools the Resort offers. We both are beachguys and the beach in front of the Hotel (just cross the road) is just perfect. Clear water, not to busy or crowded. Sunbath chairs complimentary and loved the fact it was just quiet!
Eagle beach, Mangel Halto and Arashi are my top Beaches on Aruba.
We did not eat at any restaurants of the hotel ( I wanted some home cooked meal or local cuisine) so therefore can not comment it. However will comment that my home cooked meals and local establishments were divine!
Not to be picky, but worth mentioning since it is important for Divi to know, while the majority of our room was clean, there were areas that needs to be clean through (for example on top of the fridge/ behind the TV (there was even a spider web collecting dust).
However our room was cleaned daily and even the little dishes we sometime leave behind to wash later are cleaned for us.
As many other guest I (we) truly enjoyed our stay at Divi Village Golf Resort.
There for I would like to contribute and say thanks to Divi for a great stay and keep up the good work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Jetsetter, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad