Here are some quick observations about the Divi Links.
Beautiful grounds, golf course and lobby
Huge infinity pool area with pool wim up bar and easy slide tunnel the the pre-teens and below should enjoy.
Pool bar serves only drinks, no food or snacks of any kind, which means you either pack stuff or you have to leave and come back (horrible)
Limited on-site activities beside the pool itself and limited pool activities (e.g., Bingo)
Pool normally has music playing during the day
Will need to do a bit of walking to get around resort
Will need to walk and cross one lane street to get to beach
Dining at Mulligans is acceptable and generally worth the cost
Clean gas grills located strategically throughout resort
Access to other sister-properties
Beach chairs and such provided
Gripes within our party:
Maintenance can be slow to respond
Unfortunate, but had no water on two separate evenings; they fixed it both times though
Shuttle drivers can be very nice or not nice at all
Usage of other Divi properties can be challenging, especially if buying food or drinks
Beach umbrella “set-up” is far from actual water, so did not feel safe leaving “stuff” unattended, especially with posted working signs and anecdotal warnings everywhere.
Mattress was okay at best.
We are quite use to vacation rentals, and this resort really felt like just that. This may be because we did not get the all inclusive package, so we had little reason to deal with staff. The pool and beach are the attractions for me. And both are majestic. I will return. Get a rental car for your whole time though. And if you want more actiivities, stay at another Divi (maybe the Tamarijn) or something. The links property is for golf, pool and beach purests like myself. Others can become board, especially if they don't have a car and don't want to taxi or bus it everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, West Indies, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad