Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$172
Tropical Digs(Oranjestad)
$145
Vistalmar Apartments(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$78
Wonders Boutique Hotel(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$115
Juanedu Suites(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$56
  • Pool
Camacuri Apartments Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$101
A1 Apartments Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$117
$59
Hidden Eden Aruba(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
$80
TripAdvisor
$245
Hotels.com
2,269 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsea breezefull kitchenswim up barrci exchangemulligans restaurantwasher and dryerstudio unitgrocery storetime sharedutch villagepull out couchwindows on arubashort walk across the streetthird floorshuttle servicehigh rise area
Reviewed June 11, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Divi Dutch Village from April 12 to April 16, 2008. The price was right at $94 US per night, which gave us a studio on the 3rd floor with a king sized bed, a partial view of the Caribbean and a nice view of the pool area. The accommodations were clean and comfortable, the air conditioning working just fine. It was a very short walk, about a minute or two to Druif Beach. There was always ample room on the beach, always a lounge chair available, and we always were able to make claim to one of those thatched huts that are a trademark to the Aruban beaches, if we wanted one. We liked our location.
Heading west from the airport, it is the first set of accommodations in what is known as the low rise section. It is about a leisurely 10 minute walk to the supermarket, although we rented a car during our stay, opting for the easy way out. Being first time travelers to this island paradise, we found it a bit difficult to navigate to the front desk at Divi Dutch Village. The front desk is located on the other side of the road at what would be considered the Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort. We eventually checked in and headed to the Sea Breeze Restaurant, located not too far from the front desk, for a dinner. Although the service was amazingly slow, we had already accepted and adapted to the fact that we were on “Aruba Time” and just enjoyed every precious moment of vacation time. The restaurant staff was just great – friendly and appreciative of our patience.
But let me go back to the accommodations. For the most part, the accommodations fit the bill for everything we needed. We are not ones to stay in a room when the sun is shining and the temperature is 88 degrees. After all we came to Aruba for the sun. However, after a day in the sun, and on the beach, we do like a nice warm to hot shower to cleanse us of the sand and lotions and refresh us for a nice night out. And this is the only shortcoming we experienced at Divi Dutch Village. We could not get a hot shower 85% of the time. I managed one hot shower and one warm shower. My wife experienced one warm shower. We were told by one of the staff that there always was a problem with the hot water pressure in the complex where we were staying. We stayed in # 119 in a complex that housed 27 units. I have to guess that other guests were having the same problem.
In defense of the property though, upon my request, they did give me access one night to unit # 56 in a different complex so that I could take a hot shower. And it was hot. I probably could have asked for a new room and I would have had to think that they would have honored my request. But once my wife and I are settled in, we hate moving, and for us the cold shower was a minor inconvenience, so we put up with it. Again, we are simple travelers and are very appreciative of the fact that we were able to get away for a few days to experience the glorious weather and sea of the tropics. We don’t ask for much nor do we expect much. (Although a hot shower on a daily basis isn’t that much to ask for.) However, a family with children would most likely not feel the way my wife and I feel about this kind of issue. Something to keep in mind if traveling with children. As I mentioned earlier, I think that we could have moved to another room, but what if the resort was filled to capacity? Again, something to consider. Probably the wisest thing to do, if the decision is made to stay at Divi Dutch Village, is to request a room that’s not within the complex containing room # 119, especially if you absolutely, positively need a warm to hot shower.
With the exception of the shower issue, this resort has plenty to offer as you are able to take advantage of all of the facilities of the Divi Resort Complex. If the opportunity ever presented itself again, my wife and I would gravitate back to the Divi Resort, but we would make it a point to ask for a unit that is not located in the East Complex. The shower issue is the only thing that kept me from giving the Divi Resort a rating of “Excellent”.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TheSimpleTraveler
Reviewed June 8, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Divi Dutch from May 29th to June 6th, 2008 in room 87. In the beginning I wasn't too sure about this hotel, especially when going to aruba for the first time. Let's just say "WE LOVED DIVI DUTCH". I originally booked a studio room and when we got to the room, found out it was a one bedroom suite. So our start was wonderful from the beginning. The room was in excellent condition. You do need to get your own coffee and sugar but apart from that, there are dishes, pots, utencils and even salt and pepper. There are so many +++ about this hotel. We did not need to buy dish detergent since they provided that. They also provided shampoo and shower gel (even though I took mine). If your a smoker, don't worry. You can smoke outside on the balcony. The beach is literally 1 minute away. I am not joking!!!. All we had to do was get out of our room, walk few steps and there's the beach. There are no elevators but don't worry, hotel only has 3 levels. It does get you prepared for the rest of the walking you do on the island.

I would highly recommend a car. Cabs are cheap but it can get expensive if your constantly getting one. We rented our car from U-Save. It was perfect for the two of us and we actually went around the island with it. If you need a rental, i would say getting a jeep. You can drive everywhere (even offroad) in it. There is a supermarket accross the street from the hotel (SuperSaver). Definetly stock up on your food! We did few acitivites on the island as well. We did safari jeep half day , sunset sailing and also my favorite De Palm Half day island acitivity. De Palm half day was the best. We got to the island around 12 and stayed till 5 pm. It will cost you $70 each adult but we choose to do sea trek on the island which was exciting. Sea trek is where you can to walk under sea 25 feet down. Couple of things to keep in mind, if your wearing a swim suit, little fishes will nibble or bite you . The helmet does weigh 75 lbs but once you get under water, it doesn't feel that much. Food , drinks inlcuding alchol is free with the $70 you pay. There is a water theme park for kids and also adults. You can snorkel for free and has beautiful beach area to swim. You pay $70 but get to do so much .Do try this.Have fun and enjoy aruba!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Soniya80
Reviewed May 16, 2008

Stayed in paradise for one week at the Divi Dutch Village through timeshare exchange with RCI. Absolutely perfect vacation. Slight issue with reservations-so got upgraded from a studio to very roomy large one bedroom unit. If you prefer your own private beach and not overhearing other people's conversations all day, this place is for you. No turf wars for beach chairs or huts, plenty around and available. Divi Dutch has studios right on the water, with one and two bedroom units nestled in three story buildings surrounded by trees, landscaping, private pool areas every 3 building section. Units are clean, modern with good sized rooms and private patio areas with the beach a short walk away. You can walk the beach to nearby resorts (Costa Linda) and have access to all the other Divi properties. Divi staff drive around in golf carts and will take you anywhere you want to go throughout the Divi resorts. So glad we stayed at the Divi - much less of crowd. Easy bus access to downtown or high-rise hotel area. Only needed to take taxis to and from the airport and late at night. Even have SUV's as buses which look like taxi's but are much cheaper. Grocery store within walking distance or one bus stop away. Their listed prices are double what we actually pay with American money. Their local water is noted as being pure and good to drink right from the tap. Best food I've ever had while on vacation anywhere. El Gaucho steak house is unbelievable. That argentine beef is so good, you will want it every night. Beautiful sunset dinner at La Trattoria Faro Blanco out at the lighthouse and another one at Divi Phoenix, very romantic, very beautiful. Heard from other travelers highly recommended restaurants to check out - Papimento's, Flying Fishbone, Madame Jeanettes, Chalet Swiss, Le Dome. Iguana Joe's for lunch is great, Smokey Joe's BBQ ribs all you can eat on Tuesdays for $19.99. Even have a Dunkin Donuts there now. Good food all around. Recommend the Modeshi snorkeling cruise - a blast, great crew, lots of fun. Remember to bring sunscreen. Tend to forget sun is blasting on your back all day while snorkeling. And those beaches - beautiful, warm turquoise and deep blue, a little bit of heaven right there. It was unusually cloudy while we were there but the sun was out every day and you would never know there was a cloud in the sky by our tans! Darkest I've ever been even by using a #15 sunblock all week. We got off the beach every day around 11-12, discovered new places either downtown or in hotel area, then back to our bit of heaven every day around 3:00. Ahh-life is good. Recommend the Crystal Casino at the Rennaissance Hotel and the casino at the Hyatt. Have to check out the newly built Riu Hotel just opened 5 months ago, feels like you are in Dubai! Ultra modern and over the top, just exquisite. I could go on and on about Aruba. Great golfing, diving, snorkeling, eating. Weather is perfect everyday, food is first-rate, beaches are breathtakingly beautiful. So much to enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank shpink10
Reviewed May 14, 2008

First time to Aruba, divi dutch village, was a nice place to stay for the money. It is a great location and the beaches were litterally right next to the resort!! There is a grocery store right across the street from this resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The quality of the rooms were excellent. What pictures of the resort you see, is really what you get. I would definately go back again. Also, the resort is very kid-friendly. The food on the resort golf course, was pretty god and reasonable, pricewise. The ocean was beautiful and the scenery was breathtaking!

Traveler From New York

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank Nickelpickle4
Reviewed May 13, 2008

I did not stay at this property, but I did play golf here. They charged $70 (US) for 9 holes plus $25 to rent clubs. Way overpriced and not an enjoyable round. They had workers on every hole and one guy was spraying fertilizer on the greens while we were putting. I complained in the clubhouse at the end of the round and the desk attendant pointed at the manager who was in there and heard what I said - he turned and left immediately without even acknowledging me. I would not recommend golf at this place.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family