“Divi Links Aruba” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Park Ridge, Illinois
“Divi Links Aruba”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

The first impression of the lobby was litter scattered across the floor. Not one person made an attempt to grab a broom for a quick sweep The room 2306 was run down with holes in the bedroom walls, holes in the lampshades, holes in the living room curtains, rusty fridge/stove, and the bathroom was in worse shape. The landscaping was in need of TLC. Now the positive the housekeepers were awesome. I think they are short staffed and work hard to compensate. the serves was nice and the servers work hard at every restaurant and the swim up bar. We loved Mulligans for breakfast. The Italian restaurant placed us in the corner next to the kitchen literally away from any other guest. I'm assuming this was due to our reservation being lost. The Asian and Red Parrot were both good. The shuttle crew was fabulous and prompt. If your looking for a quiet place the Divi Links is ideal. A bit to quiet for us the swim up bar closed at 6pm. For ANY activity you need to grab a shuttle to the Village or the Tam. Honestly the Links resort was the best of the sister resorts. One last thing...had a 9am flight checkout @ 5am no water for a shower seriously i don't mean no water pressure literally no water is on!!

Room Tip: Our rooms best asset was the view of the pool.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Finnish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Four woman in my family go every year and stay at the same location in Divi Dutch Village. We love being close to pools, jacuzzi, beaches and the Tiki Tiki snack/drink shop. Every place we go to in the evenings for shopping and dinners are a short cab ride away and the grocery store is also walking distance. We love the location and the comfort of the 2 bedroom/2.5 bath condo. We always find the housekeeping and maintanance staff friendly and available.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rcote75
Burdett, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is my 4th time back to Aruba, and we always stay at Divi. We have a timeshare there since 1988 - when there was nothing on the island. Boy, how that has changed! The rooms at Divi Village are very spacious and extremely clean. We had a 2 bedroom lockoff, which would easily sleep 8 people. There were two separate kitchens and 2.5 bathrooms. Coin laundry is on the premises with shuttle services to all Divi properties. We went for the beach, which is wonderful! The only downfall is that the palapas are located at the back of the beach and it is quite a distance to walk to get to the ocean. The walk is fine, but on hot sand, it is not the most pleasant! The pools are very nice, but they tend to get very warm during the day - there is no cooling system. When we arrived, the lobby has moved to the center of the resort. The lobby for the timeshare is currently under construction, and will be done in the near future. Another downfall of the stay is that you have to pay for wifi - $50.00 a week or $15.00 a day. This is the first hotel/resort that I have been to that they did not even have free wifi in the lobby! Other than that, we had two glorious weeks laying in the sun, eating great food, and staying in a nicely furnished space! I would also highly recommend going to Super Foods or Cheng's Supermarket for food. SuperFoods caters to the Dutch clintele - they have a fabulous bakery, prepared meats and cheeses, and the BEST ice cream I have ever had! The Pico Bello brand of ice cream is SOOOO....GOOD!!! Highly Recommend! Cheng's tends to have more American specialities, and their fruits and veggies are cheaper to buy!

Room Tip: Building 3 is the only building with an elevator - helped with groceries and luggage!
Montefollonico, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Ancient compared to other Locations in Aruba. Its a shame as the ocean is so pretty and this place is run down. The rooms are spacious and require attention. Everythings there but not up to standard. I am opleased to quit next Saturday.

Room Tip: Don't go to tht Dutch Village.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

This family trip was fantastic - this is my third time back to Aruba and this resort is my most favorite. I've stayed at the Divis before but this one is the best. Love Mulligan's. Red Parrot and Paparazzi also my favorites. Our 2 bedroom/3 bathroom villa was just gorgeous. Great service here and the swim up bar w/ the ice cream and hotdogs for the kids is a great touch. Beach is very nice but I have to say we only ventured to it once; loved the pool w/ the kids.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BuffetGirl28
Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

The rooms are great. Exactly what you see in photos or nicer. We had the one bedroom in Birdie 1X buidling second floor.

I'll start with the rooms. The master shower was a pain to climb over the jacuzzi tub but the other shower was "walk in" and much more convenient to get a toddler into it. My cousins on the first floor had a better walk in and their jacuzzi didn't have the option of the shower. Minor inconvenience. Kitchens were great but we didn't use as we had the AI plan.
The beds were pretty comfy but they could use new pillows. My husband came home with back issues but I'm tough to please and enjoyed the bed. Room was always cleaned to my liking.

Dining/Drinks:
We had the all inclusive as we were with a group of 17 with many kids. We enjoy good cocktails, and were slightly disappointed with the selection at some places. Swim up bar was a big disappointment. Staff unfriendly even after tipping and selection was bad. But, Mulligans and Bar at Sea breeze as well as at the Tamarjin were good.

Service:
Not great. The girl at check in barely spoke. When i passed employees on the walking paths or at the pool/beach they barely look at you. I was very surprised with the lack of friendliness compared to other islands i've been to. Service at Restaurants is very slow but we were a large group. Again, only select people are friendly. I found that Mexico and other islands are a little more catering. They'll acomodate your request, just not with too many smiles or chatting.

Beach:
Beatuful. Just a little too far for my taste. A nice walk and with an option to take the shuttle, but I'd prefer to be closer to the beach. However, the rooms made up for it and we were close to the pool which the kids loved. I was very surprised at the beach chairs. Everyone I used was broke and old. The water was not as calm as i remember during my last visit. But still great.

Food:
Excellent for an all inclusive and very good over all. I've been to Aruba 4 times as a teen and young adult but I didn't recall the food. Much better than Mexcio, DR or Jamaica. Again, service is disappointing and I found the natives to be much less friendly than other islands. We all agreed. We ate at the Red Parrot, Mulligans, Paparazzi and Sea breeze. Wish we were more organized with reservations to get the Red Parrot and Paparazzi more than once. Those in my opinion were the best. Even the food pool side at the Tamarjin was good. But other restaurants in my opinion were actually delicious.

Overall, we had a great time and I'd go back but I might try the other Divi closer to beach.

Room Tip: Ask for the updated rooms with walk in showers. And request near the pool or beach depending on your...
1 Thank JenandFab
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at the Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort, each time being enjoyable. 1st time on the timeshare side, this time hotel side. Timeshare side rooms are somewhat larger, but still a nice room. They have moved the check-in location to the golf side, which is nice. No problems checking in and shout out to Asha (Seabreeze waitress), Steven, Richard ( Infinity Pool Bartenders), and VANESSA Concierge!!! Asha treated us like family, Steven & Richard kept the cocktails coming, and Vanessa planned our entire stay. Do you pay a little more booking through the concierge ,yes, but everything we did was worth the extra money. Just so people know, the concierge only get a percentage of the take if they meet their daily goal. I agree with one of the other reviewers, can't please everyone. Would go back next week if I could and stay in the same spot. Beach never crowded, right in between downtown and the high rise area. I luv ARUBA!!!!! Only negative, the 3 story buildings need elevators!!! Trying to make it up those steps after a night out-woooooooooooooo.

1 Thank Nefernebet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,796 reviews
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
#2 of 6 in Oranjestad
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,600 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,525 reviews
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,122 reviews
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

Been to Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!