My parents traded their time share and got a two suites so we were able to join them since they said there weren't any two bedroom units available. We stayed at Divi Village Golf Resort June 30 - July 7. When we arrived, after 4 pm, check in was a little long and our room wasn't ready so I was a little annoyed at that but once we got our room keys we were happy to see that we had ocean front suites. The suites are adequate, no dishwasher or oven though. We mainly ate breakfast and lunches in, which was all I could handle for four people in my kitchenette, its just too small.
The grounds are nice, the pools are great. The beach is beautiful. It is directly across the street and there are plenty of lounge chairs and shade if needed. The water is beautiful and very clear.
We were pleasantly surprised that Aruba was having fireworks on July 4th. The barge was set up in front of the property and we were able to watch the fireworks right from our balcony, which were fantastic.
The resort offers the all inclusive package, but we didn't even check into it as we typically eat dinners elsewhere on the island. We ate at Mulligans and Sea Breezes, two out of three restaurants on the property. The food was good. Breakfast at Sea Breezes was less then $10 so we thought that was a good deal.
Lighting is Aruba is horrible, in your room and in the outdoor areas at our resort and other hotels. One thing we all noticed was how dark it was at night. We went to the "new downtown" section and walk around and tried to check out other hotel properties and it was just too dark. Im not sure what they are using for lights but we weren't the only ones who noticed that.
This was a first time trip to Aruba for all of us. We all had a great time and we all agreed we would all go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This beautiful all-suite resort offers guests over-sized studio, one- and two-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens perfect for both couples and families. Amenities include 9-hole golf course and clubhouse, 3 freshwater swimming pools, tennis courts, water sports center, 3 restaurants, fitness center, and complimentary transportation to the Alhambra Casino. A wide, white sand beach is just steps across the street. An all inclusive program is available sharing amenities with the neighboring Divi Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Hotel Oranjestad
- Divi Village Hotel And Beach
- Divi Village Resort And Beach
- Divi Village Aruba
- Divi Village Golf And Beach Resort Aruba/Oranjestad